I Got the Music

Thank you, grapejuice101!!! I wouldn't have gotten this far without you! Love this quote and every single one of your ideas!!

Music is the strongest form of magic.

-Marilyn Manson

(Lexi's POV)

Flynn and I were walking towards Julie's locker, hoping to meet up with her. When we got there, we saw her dancing like no one was watching and heard her humming. We smiled at each other, knowing our girl was back.

Flynn leaned against the wall of blue lockers while I held my backpack straps, and we chuckled as we watched Julie move her hips and hum her heart out.

When she heard us, she looked over like a deer caught in headlights before a smile slipped across her lips. "Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing. It's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self," Flynn replied.

I playfully rolled my eyes, snorting at her comment as Julie said, "Thanks?"

"But seriously, it's good to have you back, Jules," I stated.

"So, how's the band? Still hot? Still talented?" Flynn asked before glancing around. "Still dead?"

Julie and I chuckled as I moved to stand next to her. "Amazing," Julie said.

"Luke, Julie, and I spent the whole weekend writing songs," I added. "Even using some stuff from my journal as well. Figured we even the playing field after he stole a song from Julie's dream box."

Julie chuckled and nodded at me in gratitude. "Come on," she said to Flynn. "You wanna hear some of them?"

"Duh!"

As we chuckled again, Julie closed her locker and we set off to the music room.

Flynn asked how it felt for Julie to start writing again. "Like it was flowing through me like when I used to write with Mom," Julie described her experience once we entered the music room. "And Lexi was killer with those melodies."

I shrugged nonchalantly. "It's what I do."

We shared a laugh as Julie and I went around to sit at the piano. "So, this is the first song the three of us wrote. Here's a bit of the chorus."

Julie lifted up the piano lid, and I started playing while she sang. "'Cause we're standing on the edge of great..."

"On the edge of great," I sang.

"Great..."

"On the edge of great."

"Great..."