Finally Free

A lot of the credit goes to my amazing co-author, grapejuice101! I couldn't have done this without you!

Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness.

They are a sign of a pure heart.

José N. Harris

(Lexi's POV)

(Lexi's POV)

"And right. And left," the dance teacher instructed as she moved with us. Flynn and I were dancing next to each other. Julie was supposed to be in this class with us, but she didn't come to school with Flynn and I. After being stood up last night and embarrassed in front of the entire school, Julie and I spent the night at Flynn's. We were all depressed despite trying to drown our sorrows in tubs of ice cream. I was sluggish getting ready this morning, but Julie refused to get up. Flynn and I had to get to school before we were late, so we left her to sleep. But that didn't stop me from being worried.

As I repeated the same move again, Julie burst through the door with a grunt. And I wasn't the only one that noticed.

"Step, touch. Step, tou– Oh, Julie, how nice of you to join us."

Julie sighed and wrung her hands. "I'm so sorry. I overslept."

"Take your spot."

With another sigh, Julie came towards Flynn and me, taking her place in the middle of us. I sent her a concerned glance, but Flynn was indifferent as she gave a beaming, close-lipped smile. As Julie got in time with the steps and music, she sent Flynn a wry smile. "So, why didn't you guys wake me up? I missed my first three classes."

"Hey, I tried, but you growled at me," I defended myself. "And I swear you threatened me."

Flynn rolled her eyes at me before looking at Julie. "You said you were never gonna show your face at school again. And I'm a very literal person."

"That's your excuse? You're a very ridiculous person," I responded. "No one ever means that! You should have just piggy-backed off of me. Julie's grouchier than me when she's tired."

Julie huffed. "It's okay." We continued to step side-to-side as we swayed our arms to the rhythm. "It's those stupid ghosts that I'm really upset at. I'd kill them if they weren't already dead."

"There are ways. Just say the word," I replied. "Last night sucked."

"Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it," Flynn said. "And Lex, you scare me."

I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Ex-band," Julie corrected.

"Right. Sorry," Flynn said, her hands joined above her head. "Ex-band."