Unsaid Emily

In family life, love is the oil that eases friction,

the cement that binds closer together,

and the music that brings harmony.

–Friedrich Nietzsche

Thank you, @grapejuice101! You have helped me so much before, during, and now after we've finished writing. I can't thank you enough!

(Third Person POV)

Alex was sitting in the Orpheum, twirling his drumstick around his hand. After Willie's news, it felt like all hope was lost. He looked up at the stage. There was no way they'd ever be able to play here. Tears welled in his eyes as he was brought back to that fateful night.

"This is awesome, you guys. We're playing the Orpheum!" The boys were sitting on a tattered, musty couch about to bite into their celebratory hotdogs. They were just hours away from performing at the Orpheum, and they couldn't have been more excited. "I can't count how many bands have played here and then ended up being huge."

Reggie chuckled, his smile wide. "We're gonna be legends," Luke added. Then he held his hotdog out. "Eat up, boys, 'cause after tonight, everything changes."

The boys toasted with their hotdogs before bringing them to their mouths and digging in.

Some change, Alex thought bitterly. He and his friends couldn't even enjoy their afterlife anymore, their second chance. It wasn't fair.

Willie flashed in next to him and sighed. He eyed Alex warily and asked, "Is this seat taken?"

Alex glanced at him and shrugged before looking back at the stage. He sighed heavily. "This whole thing sucks."

"Yeah, I messed up."

"No, it's like you said... you know, you didn't have a choice. I mean, Caleb owns your soul."

Willie shook his head in denial. "No." He took a sharp inhale. "No, still, I know what he's capable of. I brought you guys right to him. And now you guys and Lexi are in danger. When you guys asked me, I should've skated away."

"I would have still followed you."

Willie chuckled lightly, but he was still upset. "Man... I would do anything to take back what I did to you."

The jolt came back, sponging more of Alex's life force, and he groaned in pain as he rubbed his side. Willie released a shaky breath and reached out for Alex. "I am so sorry. I mean, did you guys figure out what your unfinished business is?"

Alex scoffed. "Not like it's gonna happen." He looked around at the large theatre. "We have to play here."

"The... The Orpheum?"

"Yeah, I mean, we were two hours away from getting on that stage the night we died."

"You guys were gonna be legends."

Alex nodded solemnly. "We were."

(Lexi's POV)