Chapter 12: The Siam Paradox

Morning came, and the very hungover crews of both the Normandy and the Lost Light were stumbling, falling over, or crawling around the new Autobot base established over a former Cerberus one. Since the base was situated in relatively high elevation, the humid air was surprisingly cool due to the freezing winter winds bursting over from the deserts of China into Thailand. Whirl, Wrex and Javik were all laying on the yard passed out of alcohol, engex and fighting, Zaeed was zipping his pants and cursing the chaffing in his crotch after having stuck his dick in various holes he'd found in Arcee after she had challenged him in a very peculiar tournament of activate-a-Cybertronian-anterior-node.

On their way out of the Normandy, holomatter Rodimus and Bumblebee got curious over the leftovers of a Turian chocolate cake shared by Garrus and Tali on the prior evening.

"We can't eat that; it's for dextro-amino organics", Bumblebee said as Rodimus was greedily stuffing the brown substance into his holomatter mouth. "Actually I remember Wheeljack saying we can't eat it even if it was for humans."

"We're not humans, Bumbles", Rodimus pointed out. "So it doesn't concern us. Eat it up."

 "Uhh... okay then." The holomatter teenager joined the Lost Light captain in stuffing himself on Turian chocolate cake - which was certainly not a good idea and would lead to an appointment with the Lost Light's medics. 

"Hey Orion! Got lucky last night? I sure did!" Rodimus yelled with his mouth full of cake as a shirtless, muscular holomatter Orion walked past them. "It does look like you fragged someone."

Orion gave the captain a warning look. "Rodimus - not in front of children."

"But I'm millions of years old!" Bumblebee cried out. "It's not like I'm newly forged!"

Completely ignoring this fact, Orion moved along, and Rodimus mumbled something about a three-way with the young tattooed woman and the one who always wore a hood. 

"I seriously had no idea human valves are so wet!" 

Orion overheard Rodimus and was amused despite grunting in frustration with the captain's perpetual, in most cases unwarranted bravado. He realized he enjoyed how differently the tropical mountain air registered to his holomatter form in comparison to his robot mode and wandered off into the jungle to explore the lush, verdant woods instead of going back to the Lost Light and returning to his robot mode. There, he practiced presence: closing his eyes, engaging in contemplative observation of his surroundings: birdsong, rattling in the bushes, spotting a python in a tree. The flexibility of his sinewy holomatter body impressed him as he concentrated in taking in the chi energy of the environment, performing fluid movements with his arms. Opening his eyes again, it dawned to Orion that despite the differences between synthetics and organics, they were all expressions of Life itself rather than a series of beginnings and endings of life: there was as much life in Orion as in Samara, or in Rodimus and Garrus, despite falling into completely different categories in terms of lifespan.

They all - organics and synthetics alike - represented the immortality of Life itself, just going through cycles of transformations: endless births, deaths, and rebirths.