15

matthew

"I love you," She screeches softly.

I quickly turn to her. Alexis opens her eyes wide.

"What?" I stutter as tears start forming.

"In here," I hear Nash saying. I look towards the doors to see a bed.

I move out of the way so the doctors could get her, "Please update me when she is okay."

"Only to family, sorry." The doctor mentions.

"I'm her- I'm her brother," I wipe my tears and slightly smile.

"Okay. We will keep you up to date." The doctor nods and places a hand on my shoulder. I watch them leave the parking lot and run inside the hospital.

"She'll be okay," Nash pats my shoulder.

"I heard my baby girl was kick ass tonight," Someone says. I turn around at the familiar voice and smile at my old friend.

"Oh my gosh!" Alexis covers her mouth in shock. 

"Don't just stand there, run up to me like couples do. I don't know why you don't want to be," He mumbles. "But yeah. I missed you babe."

Alexis smiles and runs up to Shawn. "Shawn!" She cries in his arms.

"Awe, baby don't cry. Please, I'm here now." He lets her go, wiping her cheeks.

She smiles and kisses him, "You guys are goals." Nash flips his hair.

"Seriously," I mumble, thinking about Belle. Hoping that 'I love you' was love love.

"Guys," Shawn hugs us.

I slightly smile. Shawn lets go of us, "How's Belle?"

"She's good. She said something but I wasn't sure," I look at Alexis. She nods and wraps her arms around Shawn from behind.

"Can we go inside," Alexis mumbles on Shawn's back.

"Yeah," I cough. We walk inside the hospital and sit in the waiting room silently.

•••

I wake up to the sound of shouting, "Where is AdraBelle Diamond?!"

I look up to see her mom, "Mrs. Diamond?"

"Matt! Oh my gosh! Thank you!" She cries, pulling me into a hug.

"My pleasure but do you know if she is okay?" I let go.

"No, I don't. They won't tell me," She sobs.

"Come sit," I lead her to a chair.

"Matthew," I hear a mumble.

I turn around to see Cassie as a puddle, "No."

She walks towards me and hugs me, "Stop, stop," I push her off of me. "Why the hell would you do that?!"

"I'm sorry!" She screams. "She was just getting in our way and our future of three kids!"

I look at her in disgust. 

''Are you out of your mind?" I say softly.

"Because I always get what I want! My plan was to really-" Cassie stops talking.

"What," I shout at her. "What more destruction can you do!"

"Ugh, I give up," She throws her arms up. "If anyone is stupid it would be you. I was planning on getting married, having children, putting them up for adoption, and boom. A celebrity."

I turn around and rub my face. I look at Alexis who seems to be standing up and walking to Cassie.

I turn back around, "What are you gonna do." Cassie flips her hair.

Alexis yanks it and slaps her hair, "If I see you near Belle, I won't hesitate of getting rid of you myself."

"Oh, I'm scared," Cassie mimics, she raises her hands backing up.

"Try me," Alexis walks up forward. "I have enough evidence to put you behind bars."

Cassie's eyes widens, "I don't look good in orange." She touches her body. "Okay, I'm gonna. Go."

"Yeah, shoo you little rat." Alexis pushes her. She sighs and sits back down. Alexis lays her head on Shawn's shoulder.

It's been one day since we have been here. AdraBelle was missing for about 3 weeks until we found her.

"Yes," Mrs. Diamond nods to the front desk. She turns and smiles at me, exiting the hospital.

"Hey guys, do you wanna get food and come back," Gilinksy breaks the silence.

"Yes," Alexis mumbles.

"Yeah," Nash groans while getting up.

"Don't have to tell me twice," Cam stands up.

"Matt?" Shawn asks.

"I'll pass," I mumble as my head lies on my knees, sitting lumpy. I sit back up to see Nash and Cam head to the food court.

Alexis sighs and walks towards me, "Please just eat something or have water."

"I'm staying and I'm gonna wait," I tell her. I'm not gonna leave. Like, what if a doctor comes while I'm in the food court eating. During that time, I could be visiting Belle.

"Okay," Alexis takes a breath. "I'll bring you a sandwich and a water bottle."

I slightly smile and walk up to the front desk, "Is there any news on AdraBelle Diamond?"

The lady looks up from her papers at me and looks through a file, "Not yet sir."

I nod, "Can I visit her?"

"No, not until doctor's approval," She says. I nod and sit back down.

I take my phone out and text my mom.

Can you bring me a t-shirt, sweats, and a beanie. Also can you stop by Belle's house and grab her blanky?

I put my phone away and use the restroom. As I pull out my phone, I see a text from my mom.

You should come and get it yourself. You can't stay at the hospital for days. Come out and get fresh air.

I reply back,

Mom, Can you just bring me the clothes?

I wash my hands and walk in the waiting room to see everyone. Alexis stands up and hands me my food. I thank her and sit down.

I set my phone on that counter and get a reply from my mom.

Okay.

I take a drink of my sprite and finish up my sandwich peacefully.

•••

dont forget to vote :)

-shekinah xoxo