22

adrabelle

''I love you, Matt.'' I tell him. I don't know how to show my happiness towards him, especially not knowing how he will react. 

He just stares at me with a blank expression. After waiting a few minutes for a response, he still stays in that position as if he was frozen. Tears start to form in my eyes, thinking that he doesn't love me back. I thought he loved me back. 

''Oh, Um.'' I look down at the ground as a tear slips from my eye, ''Just- forget what I said.'' Before I start walking out of the tree house, I finally hear Matt say something. ''What?"

''I said, I thought I would've never heard you say that again,'' Matt smiles at me. ''I love you too.''

''Really?'' I turn around, seeing a happy Matt.

''I love you, I always have. I realized that when you got kidnapped, I lost you. I hurt you and nothing would make up for that,'' Matt explains. I run up to him and smash my lips on his, feeling this incredible feeling. 

''Wow,'' We both say in unison. To escape this awkward moment, I look at the mess behind Matt and start cleaning up. ''You ready?''

''Yeah.'' I stand up and fix my stained dress. Matt walks out first since he wanted to make sure it's safe.

''Okay, you can come down now!'' Matt shouts. I lock up the tree house and climb down slowly. I look down to see Matt looking up my dress again. I kick his face and jump the rest of the way.

''Ow, you hurt me,'' Matt pouts. ''Again.''

''Sorry.'' I kiss his cheek. We both walk out of the woods safely and get into the car. I look at the time and see that it is 9:30.  I turn on the radio as we pull out to hear Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor. I groan, taking the aux and put on Logic by Numbers. 

''I see that your taste of music has changed,'' Matt smirks.

''So it has.'' I grin, facing Matt and to his hand. I grab it and bring his hand to my face, smelling it.

''What?'' Matt asks, looking at me then back at the road.

''Your hand smells like grapes and it reminded me when I smacked you,'' I giggle again.

''Your too cute,'' He trails, smiling at me as he takes a turn. 

''Why thank you,'' I say in a British accent, laying my head on Matt's hand. We pull up into the driveway and just sit there. ''This was fun.'' 

''Thank you, Matt so much. For everything. For tonight, for saving me, for sticking with me at my worst, and most of all, for loving me. I don't know what I would've done if I lost my bestfriend.'' I look at his hand then to his face, admiring it.

''Don't mention it,'' He whispers. I smile at him and peck his lips. We both get out of the car and go inside.

''I'm gonna go to bed now,'' I tell him before I start walking up the stairs.

''Can I come?'' He smirks.

''Yeah sure. I'll meet you there, I'm gonna shower,'' I tell him before going upstairs to my room. I grab sweat pants and a t-shirt. I walk into the bathroom and get ready for bed. I throw my hair in a messy bun and walk out to see Matt in his sweat pants. His back is so toned. 

''Hey.'' Matt turns around.

''Goodnight.'' I jump onto the bed with Matt following. He jumps on me and chuckles. ''Ugh, get off you fatty.''

''Nah,'' He says. I push him off and turn off the lights. I pull the blanket over me and feel a dip in the bed.

''Night, Matt.'' I turn around, moving closer to his chest.

''Goodnight, Belle.'' He kisses my forehead. This night was perfect.

•••