25

adrabelle

So we found out that someone has abused my mom. I'm gonna find out who it was and beat the shit out of them.

  Let me correct that, we are going to find out who it was.  

"You okay?" Matt asks. I simply nod my head, not wanting to talk. All I wanted to do was think.

Sadly, Matt hasn't asked me out.  I mean, we act like a couple, so what now? I guess I just want to be official or something, but at the same time I'm relieved because this is happening and I can't afford getting hurt.

I know I shouldn't think that because Matt would never do that to me, but people always make mistakes.

"Wanna get another frappuccino?" Matt asks. I nod and watch him walk to the cash register.

I'm glad we are doing this together, I don't know what I would do without him. He's literally my inspiration in life at the moment. I know that my mom is dying and I'm just in denial. It's crazy because I know it myself.

I open my phone to see a text from Mahogany.

We just got into our hotel. I got a room for you and Matt as well. We will meet you at the hospital. We decided to have another magcon event later.

I reply back with a simple okay.

I look up to see that Matt is back with my double chocolate chip frap. "Thanks. Also everyone is at the hospital."

"Wanna go now?" He asks. I nod my head, taking a sip of my starbucks.

We exit and walk hand in hand to the waiting room.

"Hey," Mahogany says softly, hugging me. "Are you okay?"

I just ignore her and walk up to Nash. He pulls me into a hug and smiles. "Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

"How's your mom?"

"Is she okay?"

"How are you feeling?"

"I don't know," I mumble.

"What?" Carter asks. 

Why does this even hurt my head? All these questions surrounding me. I'm just one person.

"I don't know, okay! How am I supposed to know if my mom is okay, if the doctor doesn't even know! How am I supposed to respond when people ask me if I'm okay, if all I'm doing is thinking!" I shout, holding back tears.

I sit down in the middle of everyone and sigh, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Aaron says, sitting down with everyone else. I give Aaron my Starbucks and stare away at whatever.

"I'm gonna go visit Mom, wanna come Belle?" Matt says, breaking the silence. I nod and get up to follow Matt.

We walk into the room to see my mom's lifeless looking body. It's been 4 days since we have been here.

"Mom," Matt says. I rub his back, next to him.

"Do you think she will make it?" I whisper.

"Of course she will," Matt says with joy and full of hope in his eyes. He smiles at me as I look into his eyes. 

"I love you so much, did you know that." 

"I love you more." He pecks my lips. I smile and pull away.

Beep...

Beep..

Beep.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I look at the heart monitor to see her heart rate beat rapidly. "Matt, get the doctor."

He runs out and start shouting.

"Mom? Mom! Listen to me! Don't you dare stop functioning now!" I shout.

"I need you to please leave, she will be alright. Just go to the waiting room," The doctor says. I nod looking at him and run meeting Matt in the waiting room.

"Is she gonna be okay?!" I ask.

No response. Again?

''Are you really gonna do this again?'' I say, sternly. ''Matt.''

"I honestly don't know," Matt mumbles.

"Matt, you're supposed to know!" I start crying. He pulls me into his chest as I cry. "You know everything." I whimper.

"I don't know." Matt looks away.

"Matt please," I sob. I know he knows. 

"She isn't," Matt quickly says. "She can't, unless she is lucky enough. She has internal bleeding in the brain and I'm sorry I didn't tell you this, but she had a gush on her bottom arm."

I gasp and start sobbing again. Matt sits down and holds me.

What did I ever do to deserve this?

•••