The Plan

It was a cloudy day, I had to buy a lot of things for the plan. I went to the cake and pastry shop to order a cake for Priya's 25th birthday which is tomorrow, I bought balloons and other decorative items. Aunty told me that she'll send Priya market the other day and during that period we'll finish off with the decoration and other arrangements. I wanted her 25th birthday to be the most special one, I had planned another surprise for her but this wasn't known to her mom.
.................................
At 5pm I reached Priya's home as I'd planned, me and aunty started decorating the house with balloons, aunty prepared some sweets in the kitchen, we were almost done until we heard a knock on the door, we turned the lights off, we knew that's priya. Priya opened the door and we'd surprised her singing happy birthday songs, she looked surprised yet happy. We welcomed her in, she cut the cake and we had dinner together, it was a simple birthday party since Priya hates celebrating birthdays. Her face lit up when aunty pulled out a gift, it was a golden watch. Priya lifted her hand for aunty to tie that watch. Aunty told us that this was one of her favourite watches because it was gifted to her by one of her favourite teachers. Priya assumed this to be the end of surprises yet she was searching for my eyes since my gift was pending. With all the courage I had, I stood up moved out of the chair towards Priya, took a ring out of my pocket, went down on my knees and proposed her in front of her mom. She was shocked and had no idea how to react to it until aunty interrupted us with "don't keep someone waiting for a known answer" and she nodded agreeing to my proposal. "So now we're official" I blurted out with a smile. She blushed. Aunty wasn't a part of this plan, but deep down I knew that even she wanted us to be together. It was already late, I bid them farewell.

PS : Finally they're together, are you happy with this? Let's see what kinda relationship it's gonna be after so much they went through. Also her mom has kinda been supportive, is it for real? Or is something gonna change? Or it's gonna be a happy ending and they'll end up together?