Chapter Eight - Deathstroke & Tigress

As Aizawa found himself cornered by Deathstroke and Tigress, the seasoned Pro Hero surveyed his surroundings. He quickly found himself at a disadvantage. Aizawa readied his Combat Scarves and assumed a defensive stance.

Aizawa: Where is All For One?

Deathstroke: You're not in a position to be asking questions, Aizawa. Though I must say, working with Sportsmaster? That's not exactly the kind of company a Pro Hero usually keeps.

Aizawa said nothing as he waited for Deathstroke and Tigress to make their move. After a moment, Tigress begins shooting her crossbow at Aizawa. Aizawa was able to dodge the arrows, but he was quickly attacked by Deathstroke who began sword. Aizawa was initially taken aback by this flurry of attacks, but he was soon able to parry Deathstroke's sword and follows through by kicking Deathstroke in the face. Before Aizawa could press the attack, Tigress fires her crossbow at Aizawa, forcing him to fall back.

Deathstroke: A bold attempt, but flawed. If that's the best you have, then this fight will be a short one.

Realizing the disadvantage he was in, Aizawa uses his Combat Scarves disoriente Deathstroke. He then focuses his attack on Tigress.

Aizawa: I'm not in the mood for this. If you want my advice, you better drop the crossbow and back away while you still can.

Tigress said nothing as she fired her crossbow at Aizawa. Aizawa was able to dodge the arrows and closes the distance on her. As Aizawa initiated a close quarters fight, Tigress surprises Aizawa by putting up a good fight. She soon gains the upper hand by landing a swift kick to the face. Tigress then pins Aizawa to the ground and puts him in am armlock.

Tigress: Not bad, Hero. Let's see how well you fight with one arm.

Tigress then proceeds to dislocate Aizawa's shoulder. Aizawa screams in pain as he wrestles free from Tigress. As Aizawa falls back, Deathstroke begins firing at Aizawa with his pistols. Aizawa rushes to cover.

Deathstroke: There's nowhere for you to run, Aizawa. Face your death like a man.

As Deathstroke and Tigress close in on Aizawa, Aizawa manages to relocate his shoulder. Aizawa was quick to realize that there was something familiar about Tigress. The way she fought seem familiar to the seasoned Pro Hero. Soon enough, Sportsmaster and Chesire arrived.

Sportsmaster: Sorry to interrupt your little fight, but you're just the man I've been looking for, Deathstroke.

Deathstroke: I see you haven't learned your lesson, Sportsmaster. The Light let you off easy. You should've backed down when you had the chance.

Sportsmaster: I've got a reputation to preserve. You of all people should understand.

In that moment, Aizawa saw his opportunity and attacked. Fighting alongside Sportsmaster and Chesire, Aizawa battled against Deathstroke and Tigress. During the skirmish, Aizawa uses his Combat Scarves to wrap around Tigress. Deathstroke responds by shooting the scarf, freeing her.

Cheshire: Looks like this one is giving you trouble, Eraser.

Aizawa: Tell me something I don't know. Deathstroke is going to be the biggest problem. Seems like the Light finally hired a professional.

As Aizawa says this, he sees Deathstroke about to shoot Cheshire. Without hesitation, Aizawa pushes Cheshire out of the way, getting shot in the arm. Aizawa fights through the pain as disarms Deathstroke. At this point, the fight reaches a stalemate.

Deathstroke: This fight is getting nowhere. Tigress, we're leaving.

Aizawa: You're not going anywhere!

Aizawa attempts to chase after Deathstroke and Tigress, but both Deathstroke and Tigress throw smoke bombs, allowing them to escape. By the time the smoke cleared, Deathstroke and Tigress were gone.

Aizawa: Damn it.....

Sportsmaster: Was that the best you got, Eraser? Thought you'd put up a better fight than that.

Without hesitation, Aizawa punches Sportsmaster in the face, cracking his mask and knocking him to the ground.

Aizawa: Why the hell didn't you tell me that Deathstroke was involved!

Sportsmaster: Last I checked, you were only concerned with All For One. And as far as I know, Deathstroke never did business with All For One or those League freaks.

Aizawa: But All For One is working with the Light. And from what I see, the Light realized that a professional was better than a hired thug.

Sportsmaster: Very funny, Eraser. Right now, Deathstroke is the least of your concerns.

Aizawa: What about Giran?

Sportsmaster: He didn't get away if that's what you mean. Jade and I made sure that slippery little bastard didn't try to make a run for it. Now that Deathstroke and his little sidekick out of our necks for the time being, now we can find out what we need to know from Giran.

Aizawa: Fine. Prepare him for interrogation. Don't rough him up. Last thing I need is for you to kill my only lead.

Sportsmaster scoffs as he enters Giran's office. As the situation calmed down, Aizawa uses his Combat Scarves to wrap around his bullet wound. Cheshire soon speaks up.

Cheshire: Why did you stick your neck out for me?

Aizawa: Because if Artemis was in my position, she would've done the same thing. And as far as I'm concerned, you're just as much my daughter as Artrmis was. It's what your mother would've wanted.

Cheshire was taken aback by Aizawa's words. Despite this, she showed no visible reaction. After addressing his wound, Aizawa enters Giran's office to resume his interrogation. One way or another, Aizawa was going to find out what he needed to know about All For One and the Light.