09

It was now Monday, and both girls sat in the back of the classroom chatting.

"I heard there is another new kid coming today." Chaeryeong said.

"Really?"

"Yea. I think their name is Argentina?"

Ryujin bursted into laughter.

"What? I was just guessing." She crossed her arms.

"Yea, yea, we will see if their name is Argentina."

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes, as the teacher spoke.

"Ok class. We have another new student. I will let her introduce herself."

There were murmurs around the classroom.

"Come in please."

A girl with long sleek black hair stepped into the room. Ryujin's face paled upon seeing the girl enter the room.

"Hello everyone. My name is Karina. Nice to meet you all."

The girl scanned the classroom looking for a seat. She smirked when she saw Ryujin staring at her like a deer in head light's. She smiled at Ryujin, and took a seat near the front of the classroom.

"Now that everyone seems to be settled in, let's begin class. Today is like a ketchup day." The teacher laughed to himself.

"You see what I did there? No? Ok then." He cleared his throat.

"If you are all caught up on your work, you may quietly converse with a neighbor."

Chaeryeong turned to Ryujin, and began talking. Ryujin didn't have her full attention though. Ryujin looked across the room at Karina. Karina was just silently writing something down.

'Why is she back? I don't understand.'

"Mr.Suh can not make a funny joke to save his life- Hey? Earth to Ryujin?"

Chaeryeong waved her hands in front of the girls face to get her attention. Ryujin snapped back into reality and looked at Chaeryeong.

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

"Nothing." Chaeryeong huffed.

"Chae~ I'm sorry~."

Chaeryeong turned away from Ryujin, who was pouting.

"Your not forgiven."

"But Chaeryeong~ I said sor-"

Ryujin was cut off by the classroom phone ringing. Mr. Suh got up, and answered the phone.

"This is Mr. Suh...Yes she is in class...Alright I will send her down." Mr. Suh hung up the phone.

"Chearyeong you are leaving quite early today."

Chearyeong looked confused, but got up, putting her things in her bag.

"I'll see you later?" Chearyeong questioned, putting her bag strap on her shoulder.

"Yea."

"Bye." Chearyeong smiled, waving at Ryujin.

"Bye jinnie." She said, walking to the front and out out of the classroom.

Ryujin's cheeks flushed red at the nickname Chearyeong had given.

"She is so damn cute." Ryujin whispered under her breath.

Ryujin was about to pull out her phone, but a figure sitting in Chearyeong's once empty now occupied seat caught her attention. It was Karina.

"Hi Ryujin." She smiled.

Ryujin gave her a stone cold glare, flashing her ruby eyes.

"I see your not happy so I will get straight to the point."

Ryujin just continued to stare at her.

"You said you would stay away."

"That was if you held the end of your deal." Karina retorted.

"And you failed to do so, that's why i'm back."

Ryujin looked down crossing her arms.

"If you have forgotten, your end of the deal was to make sure the lee's didn't show up, ruining what we worked hard to establish."

Ryujin sighed looking around the classroom.

"Can we talk about this somewhere more private please." She mumbled, letting her eyes dye back down to a deep brown.

The bell rang, making Karina stand up.

"Fine, I will talk to you at your place." She said watching Ryujin stand up.

"I'm sure your moms would love to see me again." She said strutting out the classroom.

Ryujin scoffed feeling tired already.

________

Ryujin walked into the cafeteria, searching for her friends and sister. She noticed that Karina wasn't there, which made a feeling of relief wash over her. Once she found her friends at their regular lunch table, she sate next to Yeji.

"Hi Ryujin!" Yeji said.

"Please don't sound all preppy...I know you guys see that Karina is back." She sighed.

They all went silent.

"We know." They said in sync.

"But lets not focus on that, lets hope she leaves just a soon as she came." Yeji said.

"I guess...but what am i supposed to do if the council wants to talk to me...and what about Chaeryeong and the fact that-"

"Don't worry about it, things will not get that bad." Lia reassured.

"I see our little Ryujin is worried about her little crush." Yuna teased.

"Yea I am, and what about it." She rolled her eyes.

Lia and Yuna gasped.

"What!?" Ryujin said, worried.

"Did you just admit to having a crush on Chaeryong!?" They both said.

"Um...Its none of your business." She sassed.