•4•

Sometimes true love just doesn't work out. For us it was the timing that screwed us over. I met him too late or maybe too early. Or hell maybe we just weren't meant to be together in this lifetime at all.

I don't know exactly what went on in his head when we were together. He had a girlfriend, but the way he looked at me, the things he did and the things he'd say, it was all way too real.

His eyes were so sincere.

But I always wondered what he'd say to her. What lies did he say to her? In her mind I lost, because she ended up with him. But in mine this wasn't about winning or losing. I got my heart broken but I learned to live without him. Something that after three years of constant manipulation from both sides, she didn't learn.

And I never hated her for loving him, I accepted my fault in the situation. I disliked her because she earned it, if she hated me she should've said things to me face to face.

Hell, she should've just punched me in the face.

I would have understood.

~

"Don't flatter yourself," I practically growled at him, moving closer to Victor and further from Abel.

Then again if the devil broke your heart who wouldn't try to stay away from him?

"Come on guys, it's been years. You should be friends," Michelle mumbled encouragingly, although she seemed to be trying to stay away from the both of us.

As if she were waiting for the impending explosion.

"I offered him friendship," I retorted, glaring at Abel's face,"I swallowed my dignity and offered him friendship after all the shit he put me through."

Then I got in Abel's face and whispered loud enough for Michelle and Victor to hear,"and he treated me like shit."

Before I could react Abel had his hand wrapped around the back of my neck, keeping me in place. I struggled to move back, because of his grip. I ended up stumbling forward when he tugged a little bit. My breathing was uneven as my eyes met his. Those eyes that used to look at me in awe and with love. Now watched me in fury.

"You want things to be like this? You want me to treat you the way you've been treating me?" He growled, I put my hands on his chest to keep him from getting any closer.

My hands tingled and I tried to control my breathing. But gods, he was still just as breathtaking as before, even more so. The black long sleeved shirt hugged his biceps and made his abs more prominent. His hair as always was a beautiful mess. The thought of his godlike beauty made me think of why I was attracted to him in the first place.

It was his dimples, the dimples he'd flash me every time he'd smile at me.

"I'm just repaying the fucking favor. Why don't you tell our friends what you did or should I?" I asked, leaving him speechless.

He released me as if I had burned him. And I didn't feel an ounce of guilt for it. This is what he does, I can't let myself fall for it again. He obviously hasn't matured mentally in the last two years. With that thought, I turned around and faced our friends.