02 | Flying Sparks

<><><><><>

Word Count: 2,886

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

- Nelson Mandela
<><><><><>

[Mina's POV]

It has been a week since school started. We were very popular around the boys since we were like the so-called 'visual gang'. Everyone in our little gang was pretty. Except for Jeongyeon of course. She's girl-crush material. She's more than pretty.

The more popular I got, the more Bambam hurts me. I don't know why but I can't stop him. He's too strong and I care for my dad.

I see why Sana loves stargazing so much. It's so beautiful...

I went to Han River. I was walking near the side of the bridge, looking up at the night sky. The bridge was almost deserted. As if everybody disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Mom, I miss you. I wish you were still here... Bambam hurts me a lot but I can endure it just for dad.

I didn't realized but tears fell from my eyes like waterfalls. I tried to wipe them but they just kept on falling. I went over the railings and sat on it.

I sighed. I slowly slid more and more towards the edge. The comforting sight of the water below me entranced me. It was so alluring... How great it would be just to disappear... even for just one night.

"You tryna kill yourself pretty lady?" I got surprised and slid more towards the edge. I didn't realize but I slipped off the railings completely.

"AH-" I was cut off when a hand grabbed mine.

"I'm taking that as a yes and no at the same time." She sighed. I noticed she was holding a cup with some ice cream in it. It had strawberry toppings and a waffle. She set it on the rail and pulled me over.

"So tell me. Why the hell are you tryna die?" It was a stern voice but it felt comforting.

I couldn't hold myself together anymore so I broke down. All the emotions I couldn't tell my friends about, afraid they'll leave me. But this stranger wouldn't care. I wouldn't care about her leaving because she is nobody to me.

I cried and cried. I felt a pair of arms around me. She patted my back and whispered for me to calm down. She took me to the park and towards the playground. I sat on the swings and she was behind me, pushing me on the swing.

"You can have the rest of my ice cream if you want." She handed it to me and I gladly took it. I must say, it really did calm me down.

"How could I tell a stranger my deepest secrets?" I chuckled when I realized I didn't know her name.