005. the music room

"Ah! Breathe through your mouth!" Wujin yells at the boys who just entered the audio room.

"I think I have a plan to escape." Namra says, turning off the microphone.

Sound. The zombies react to sound, and Namra had figured out how to use it in their favour.

"Don't you think her intelligence can be scary at some times?" Daesu whispers to Sora.

"Never thought about it."

Daesu watches in awe at Namra drawing a map of the school. The broadcasting room and the room where Cheongsan currently is in are labeled.

"We'll take the stairs on the right to get to Cheong-San and next we go to the roof using the center stairs." Namra finishes her drawing and looks up to get approval.

"Why the roof?" Suhyeok asks.

"Choppers keep flying around. If we light a roof fire, they might come save us."

"Can we turn on only the speakers we need?" Onjo asks.

"Yup, everything can be turned on seperately. That's the reason for those buttons." Sora motions to the table in front of the audio room.

"You were in the broadcasting club, right?" Hyoryung asks. The two girls nod.

"Yeah, that's nice and all. But where do we get the music from?" Daesu comments. "We can't stream music since we're offline."

"Mann, if only we could play music." Sora says, putting her arms behind her head. "We could play some motivating zombie-fighting music."

Namra points at the CD stuck onto the window. A meditation CD.

"I guess meditation works as well. Calms the zombies." Sora jokes. Wujin chokes back a laugh and Daesu walks towards the CD on the window.

"This thing is ancient. Does it even work?" He asks while ripping the CD off the window.

"Just because you didn't use it doesn't mean it's ancient, Dae-Su." Joonyeong deadpans, pulling the yellow-coloured CD out of his hands.

...

"Test, test. Test one, two, one, two. Cheong-San, are you there." Daesu speaks into the mic. "We-"

"What are you doing?" Suhyeok cuts off. Sora and Namra give eachother a look. They can't hear what's going on, but it doesn't seem like they're agreeing on who will speak.

"Cheong-San, do you hear us? It's Su-Hyeok. We'll come to you, so stay put. Got it?"

The two girls watch as Onjo, Suhyeok and Daesu speak into the mic. Namra holds up OK with her hands and the group leaves the room.

"Now we'll just turn it on for the left side of the building." Sora slides the slider under the label BUILDING LEFT up. A nice piano tune plays followed by a male voice talking about calming your heart.

The sound of a thousand footsteps can be heard on the other side of the door. Growling sounds get louder but pass by the broadcasting room.

As the sounds fades away Suhyeok and Daesu peek outside to see if it's safe to go.

"It's all good." Suhyeok whispers, and Daesu gets ready to leave the room. At first, everything seems to go well, but Daesu slides to the ground and orders Wujin to close the door immediately.

"I thought you said it was okay outside, you idiot!" He whispers-shouts at Suhyeok. "I could've totally died."

"What? Where?" Suhyeok replies.