011. the gym

THE RAIN WAS LOUD, LOUDER THAN EVER. Maybe it was because Sora had turned into a weird half-zombie that made the rain sound so loud.

Suhyeok held Sora's hand thightly, and both of them ran after Cheongsan. Occasionally, he would glance at the girl to make sure if she could catch up.

Sora wasn't fond so fond of the plan, Namra and her were in a disadvantage. Still, the group had to keep moving unless they wanted to be stuck in school forever.

The school was covered with zombies and corpses. A sudden flash of lightening revealed the corpse of either a student or a zombie. Sora couldn't tell; the head was missing.

Sora gulped at the sight of it. "You alright?" Suhyeok whispers worried. She nods quickly.

The students made it outside and were met with the sight of zombies everywhere. Sora looked around to see if she recognised any of them, but as far as she knew they all looked the same.

Cheongsan motioned to the group to be quiet as they sneaked past a zombie. It was weird to think that Sora was actually partially one of them.

"Careful" Cheongsan whispers when he sees another zombie in the distance. He stops, and so does the rest. Something is blocking their way.

Cheongsan and Onjo seem to be talking, but no one can hear what they're saying. Sora glances at Namra, who seems to be listening at their conversation.

What's going on? Sora mouths at the girl. Namra shrugs and points to her ear. She can't hear it either. Suddenly everything stops, Cheongsan freezes. An old zombie lady is standing on the opposite side of the truck.

That can't be — Sora can't finish her train of thoughts. The zombie launches herself at Cheongsan and Sora was right about who that woman was by his reaction: he freezes.

Without thinking, Sora runs to the front and pushes the zombie away. With a grunt the zombie falls over and Daesu and Joonyeong take the chance to attack.

"Stop it!" Cheongsan shouts at the boys, "What are you doing?!" His voice attracts the attention of the zombies.

"I said stop!" He screams again, before charging at Daesu. They're rolling on the floor, fighting eachother.

Sora sees from the corner of her eye how Suhyeok jumps in and tries to pull the boy away from Daesu.

"Cheongsan, stop that!" Sora yells at the boy who keeps shouting and grunting. With a powerful yank she manages to pull the boy away from Daesu and Joonyeong.

Namra leads the left over group away, sensing the zombies coming towards them.

"We have to go." Sora says to Onjo, "They're coming."

"Cheongsan, please come with us." The girl begs the sobbing boy. But he doesn't respond. "Please." She tries again.

"Watch out!" Suhyeok yells and before he gets to run, something latches itself onto him. With a punch he manages to get the zombie off of him.

Sora runs to help him, protecting Onjo and Cheongsan from the zombies. If there was someone who could convince Cheongsan, it had to be Onjo.

Fighting off the zombies is easier when they don't attack you. Suhyeok looks over to the girl, who is ready to fight off the zombies with him.

And even though this is not the situation to be getting butterflies, Suhyeok can't help but feel all giddy inside.

"Watch out!" With a kick Sora sends the zombie, who was about to attack Suhyeok, away from him.

It doesn't take long before Onjo is done convincing Cheongsan and the four run towards the gym. The four other survivors she and Namra had met before were still alive.

But this time, the gym wasn't lit and it was definetly not as safe as the last time.

"Run." She can hear Namra whisper. What the fuck.

"Go, go, go!" Woojin yells at the students. Hari motions the students to a storage room. Mijin, who is pulling Joonsung, lags behind. And when she finally makes it inside the storage room, she's crying.

It's silent in the storage room. Sora looks around, only then does she notice the other archery boy is missing too; Minjae. But there's someone else missing, Jimin, who Sora assumes got lost when they ran away to the gymnasium.

Sora is tired, so tired. She slides down to the ground with her back against the door. Suhyeok's gaze follows her.

You alright? He mouths to the girl, but she doesn't see it, which leaves a bitter feeling. It gets even worse when he sees Woojin taking a seat next to her.

"Tired?" Woojin asks Sora. "Very." She smiles. Woojin smiles back and tells her to rest.

"We won't be making it out of here very soon."

Suhyeok watches from the interaction from afar and grits his teeth. Why was Woojin all of the sudden so interested in her?

"Sit down." Namra commands Suhyeok. He turns around to be met with a glare from Namra. He quickly takes a place next to Daesu.

"Let's rest, we'll think about an escape plan tomorrow." Hari tells the group, and they all agree to go to sleep. Not knowing what kind of adventure would be laying ahead of them.