The Urge

The way back home seemed to be longer. She couldn't digest the fact that all the monsters she had been seeing were real things. Satoru told her that they were called curses. Nothing made sense and was too much to bear. All she wanted at that moment was to forget about everything and sleep. Satoru dropped her home and gave her his number.

"Y/N, you don't have to worry, you have been seeing them for such a long time and you're still alive, it means they will not hurt you. So stop thinking and take care of yourself."

Was she worried? No, she was just irritated that all the time she had not been hallucinating. She nodded."Good night and be safe," she said.

"I'll see you soon Y/N. Call me if you want to eat those sandwiches again."

Y/N smiled.

"Good night," he left.

She changed and went straight to bed. The day exhausted her.

'Come back. You have to come back.' Whispers filled the room. 'Come back, I'm waiting.' Y/N opened her eyes. Nothing was there. 'A nightmare?' she thought. The winds were chilly and she left her windows open. She forced herself out of the bed and closed the windows. Before going back to bed, she went to kitchen and gulped a glass of water. 'Time to sleep.'

She put her headphones on, played some music and slept. She was in deep sleep when she felt a firm touch on her arm which slowly slid down to her palm and a hand gripped hers. "Let go, Satoru," she murmured in her sleep. The grip tightened giving her a bit of pain. Whatever it was, it freed her hand. The whispers started again. She couldn't take it anymore, she got up. The light outside her window hinted that it was dawn.

She wanted to grab something to eat. 'Let's see what my kitchen has to offer,' she thought. Cooking was not her thing but she had to cook anyway, as there was no one else. As she stepped in her drawing room, she witnessed the curtains dancing with the winds because she left her balcony open. "How irresponsible!" she scolded herself.

The kitchen had several things but they were in need of being cooked. She frowned. Instant noodles caught her eyes. "Breakfast," she screamed.

Cleaning was done, everything was done. She had nothing to do. 'Should I call Satoru?' she thought. 'What if he's busy? Jane? I should call her.' She began to dial her number but suddenly stopped as she remembered her overexcited nature. The comfort of couch took her into a deep sleep. 'Come back,' the whispers started again. Half asleep, she stood up and left.

The temple seemed to invite her inside, she followed the voice. Soon, she was in the middle, where the creepy statue of two faced demon stood still. A hazy figure appeared which constantly stared at her. She went closer but the figure moved away. A wind blowed and left her unconscious.

It was time to join at work. She kept her mood neutral with everyone. People were much better here, busy with their own work. Her first day wasn't much tiring.

The temple kept tingling her head. Something was pulling her, she felt a strong urge to go back. But everytime she went, she passed out and was teleported to her home, mysteriously.

That night, she went there again without any sense of reality. Her feet were bare and by the time she reached the temple, her feet were bleeding but she felt no pain.
Once again, she stood in the middle of the temple, facing the statue. "Welcome Y/N," a whisper brought her back to senses. She turned around, once again, no one was there. The night felt cold. A man appeared once again, he looked at her from behind the statue. He stretched an arm towards her. She read the arm for a while, two black bands on wrist, palm open. 'Is he asking for my hand?' she hesitated a bit, then held his hand. It felt warm.

Her phone rang, she woke up from the noise and answered. It was Satoru. "When are you free Y/N?" he asked.

"When did I give you my number?" she asked back.

"I asked first," the white haired man reminded.

"Yeah right, on Saturday," she replied.

"I knew that you will never call me, so I took your number from Jane," he answered too.

"Oh! Did you come here again?"

"Can't I?"

"Yes, you can,"

"I want you to meet my friends, so see you on Saturday," he hung up.

Y/N's jaw dropped when she glanced at her wounded feet. "It wasn't a dream," she gasped. The floor was clean, not a single blood stain. "How did I come back?"