Chapter Eleven

GAAAAYYYY (I wanna live in a country having a gay leader)

Evelyn's POV

"That...mwakes no sense."

I muttered and narrowed my eyes at Mr. Reeves.

"Well, that's all I heard, kid. It makes no sense to me either but it's what I heard. Aren't you that little brat who'd been yelling at me about being a good citizen back in Trost?"

"Oh, I'm sworry about that! I found out only later that you actually always help everyone! Sworry."

I smiled sheepishly but Mr. Reeves only snorted and turned his head away from me. Given the sour expression on his face, it didn't look like he had really forgiven me and I pouted.

"Are you still mad?"

"No, kid. Just don't go yelling at adults like that again. You don't know what kind of trouble you could end up in because of that one day."

Mr. Reeves remained insistent on keeping his face turned away from me but his voice had softened, almost as if he were trying to give me a warning, and I fell quiet.

The Military Police. He was warning me about the Military Police. Yelling at adults from the MP could easily make me wind up in jail, at which I made a mental note to take Mr. Reeves's advice to heart.

The two of us remained seated in silence for an hour or so after that. Well, I had actually tried to introduce Moon Moon and Tesha to Mr. Reeves but he hadn't responded to me. It was only when the sky outside the small window high on the ceiling of this place turned dark did I hear footsteps striding into the room, before I spotted Dad walking right in front of his squad.

"Dad!"

I shrieked happily and ran towards him at which he immediately knelt down to gather me into his arms, hugging me so tightly it almost felt like he never wanted to let me go.

"I was so worried about you, my little brat."

He muttered into my ear and I giggled at his strange but usual way of addressing me.

"I'm okay, Dad. Mr. Reeves is still tied up."

"Right. Reeves."

Dad's voice suddenly turned darker than dark chocolate and he gently pushed me aside before rising to his feet. The glare on his face terrified me even though it wasn't directed at me since he began to charge straight towards the captured Mr. Reeves with that nightmarish glare still plastered on his face. Then he knelt down on one knee and punched Mr. Reeves square in the face.

I gasped and tried to move towards him but Mikasa pulled me away.

"Let him do this, Evelyn."

Her voice too sounded colder than usual. Even Jean, Armin, Connie and Sasha suddenly looked scary what with the uncharacteristic glares marring their faces.

"What gave you the right to kidnap a kid, huh?!"

I returned my attention to Mr. Reeves when I heard Dad growl and punch him again, triggering his nose to start bleeding this time.

"What gave you the right to drag my child into this mess, huh?! She's just five years old! Did the MP tell you to get her so they could blackmail us to hand over Eren and Historia?! Well, what's the point of pulling off this sort of shit when they've been taken anyway?!"

I didn't flinch this time when Dad punched the old man again. This time, I had just stilled on hearing Dad's words. Eren and Historia...had been taken?

"It wasn't to blackmail you!"