Shadow

Malevolence and Vengeance never knew about me, I was born then sent away before they even knew that mama was bearing a child. Mama kept to herself alot, she didn't like people, the only people she could stand were Malevolence and Vengeance. I was unwanted, forgotten, I was a shadow. So I renamed myself Shadow, my real name was Hallucination. Well that's what's my adopted parents called me. I didn't have that name for long though, mama found me and was mad that I was still around, she kidnapped me and hid me in a cellar under the house.

I slowly died under there, my sisters laughed and played and I was stuck listening to them. I wish I could say that I hated them, but it wasn't their fault. It was mama's. One night I heard yelling upstairs. Mama was refusing to read Malevolence a story, Vengeance was at a friends. Eventually the fighting stopped and I heard my dear sister chanting.

Screams exploded throughout the house. Laughter found its way into the screams. I knew something bad happened. I was so curious so I opened the cellar door and walked out. Malevolence sat in a corner cupping mama's heart in her hand with a wicked smile. She looked at me and squeezed the heart, blood went everywhere.

"Who are you?" She laughed. I was taken aback.

"I'm Shadow." I whisper.

"Well Shadow, why were you in the cellar? Mother told us no one was allowed down there." She hissed.

"Mama kept me hidden down there, she didn't like me and she wanted me to suffer." I sigh.

"Mother is dead now, don't worry Shadow." She grinned as she traced her bloody fingers along her face.

"I'm sorry my dear Malevolence." I whimpered.

I walked up to her and firmly placed my small hands on my sisters forehead. Dark magic expelled from my hands and into her head. She fell down, I stepped back. I had to erase her memory of me, she mustn't know I existed. That was a long time ago now that I think of it. I was confused then, I was different because if my powers, maybe that's why mama hated me.

Vengeance was walking below my perch, her dark hair seemed to float like a cloud. I reached my hand out longingly and closed my eyes. She wouldn't know me. No one knows me, I am simply a hallucination, maybe that name suited me partly, but I much prefered Shadow. I step back and fade into the darkness.

I find my self standing before a girls body on the ground. Her white hair was sprawled across the dirt, though it was short it seemed majestic. I reach my hand down and place it on her face softly. She looked peaceful and beautiful. Her eyes flutter open and widen at the sight of me.

"It's okay." I smile reassuringly.

"Please don't hurt me." She whimpered.

"I won't, my name is Shadow, what's yours?" I say warmly.

"My name is Stella." She smiles at me.

Stella was the girl Vengeance wanted to kill, I didn't see someone who could harm someone. Besides Malevolence was wicked, she was a murderous demon. Stella was just defending the one she loved.

"Let me help you up Stella." I offer. She nods and places her pale hand on mine.

I pull her to her feet, she towered over me, but she wasn't intimidating. She pushes her hair back then she grasps my hand. My heart pounds for I never really got my hand held when I was alive. She was like the sister or mother I never had.

"How old are you Shadow?" She asks.

"I'm eleven, how old are you?" I responded happily.

"I'm eighteen." She grins.

"I will protect you Stella." I say enthusiastically.

"Whatever for?" She asks with concern.

"Vengeance wants to kill you because you killed Malevolence. Don't worry though, I'm strong and I won't let her." I whisper, I tighten my grip.

"Thank you Shadow, I'll protect you too." She responds.

She leans down and delicately kisses the top of my head. I smile and a gain a jump in my step. I look up at her as her eyes stay forward. She looked so worried and really sad. It was likr she missed someone very deeply.

A stray tear rolls down her cheek and I gasp. She wipes it away and takes a deep breath. Eventually we come to a stop. A man stood before us, he had a angry face and dark hair.

"You're suppose to be dead." He grumbles like an arrogant child.

"You'll have to do better then that." She hisses.

He places his hand on the hilt of a sword that rested against his hip. My hand shoots forward and rests on his.

"Don't you dare." I growl. He laughs and pulls the sword.

I look at him and raise my hand, the dark power shot out and hit his chest roughly causing him to fall backwards.

"How the hell?" He chokes.

"I told you not to do it."