Prologue

"They're assigning you a new bodyguard."

The royals of Inazuma were sat at a large circular table, enjoying their dinner as they sparked up conversations with each other. None of them were blood related in any way (except perhaps the Royals of Narukami Island) but shared in common the fact that they were descendants of the god of Inazuma all those years ago.

The Royals of Narukami Island were seated beside each other, sharing the news to the Princess of Serai Island.

"What? Why? What happened to Yae?" Y/N questions, looking down at the 3 different spoons on the table, still getting used to knowing which one to pick to eat with.

She was the newest royal member out of the seven of them. After Sayu had stepped down from her duties, Y/N was next in line for the throne. She found herself unprepared, but nonetheless took on the role for the sake of her island people.

"Yae went missing." Gorou, the bodyguard of the Princess of Watatsumi Island, Kokomi, had said. He lay down another plate of food beside the colourful haired princess. "But Ei found you one of the strongest bodyguards after Yae, so it'll be okay."

Yae was a strong and compassionate lady, and it was unusual for her to suddenly go missing. She had been a loyal partaker of the royals for several years, so why now? Why had she chosen to leave now?

"Missing? So she just left? Disappeared?" Y/N asked, worried for her companion, before settling for onigiri after struggling to pick out her cutlery.

"She went KABOOM! GONE! BYE BYE!" Itto, the Prince of Yashiori Island laughed heartily, taking a massive chicken drumstick off the centre of the table. "You know, I think she probably got tired of you, don't ya think?"

The Royals stared at him with a blank look and Y/N began questioning how he became a Prince in the first place. He was the loudest and most charismatic of the seven, and he never failed to make shared meals more exciting.

"Well, if Yae went missing, can't I just go along without her?" Y/N continued asking questions, getting more curious and worried by the second. "Look at Itto, he doesn't have a bodyguard!"

"Yes, but he knows how to fight properly. You do, too, but he wields immense power, and you're more vulnerable." Ayato, the Prince of Narukami Island sighed.

Ayato shared Narukami Island with his sister, Ayaka, and they had a loyal bodyguard who went by the name Thoma.

"Your new bodyguard is packing his things right now. He'll settle into the castle by tomorrow morning and you'll meet him then." Ei, the Princess of Tsurumi Island explained, while fetching her bodyguard, Kujou Sara, to get her a class of dango milk.

"I'm sorry, he?"

"Yes. Is there a problem with that?" Ei shoots her a glance, slightly annoyed that Y/N may be doubting her strongest bodyguards.

"No, it's just, that's a big change from Yae, you know? Girl to guy?" Y/N says sheepishly.

"It'll be alright, I've been friends with him since we were young." The young Prince of Kannazuka, Kazuha, reassures with a kind smile.

He never failed to take her stress away. They were definitely one of the closest pairs there, and they had such a strong bond that no one could break.

"In my opinion, he's kind of a douchebag." Kazuha's bodyguard, Tomo, disagrees with his arms crossed.

"Tomo! Don't say that! Look at the poor Princess, she's terrified!" Thoma defends, his lips fading into a frown.

Thoma was one of the lucky ones. He's originally from Mondstadt, and he came to Inazuma by boat. Unfortunately, the boat was struck down and he was incredibly lucky enough to have floated the rest of the way to Inazuma on debris from the watercraft. He was the only survivor. The Kamisato siblings took him in and soon he climbed his way into higher ranks, becoming their personal bodyguard.