Chapter 6

i hate this chapter pls

"What were you thinking?" Scaramouche yelled at Childe once they were alone in the Golden House.

Everyone had dispersed after the chaotic events, going on with their regular day. The two harbingers decided to meet up to talk.

"What is spilling hot coffee on Kazuha going to do?" He continued.

"You should've told me he was composed." Childe laughed. "He was supposed to yell at me. He was supposed to get mad and Ei would've revoked his princely duties. Then out of the picture he goes, and the princess will have no other choice but to marry me."

"That's so stupid. You're funny if you think you'll get rid of him that easily."

"Well, I just had to give a little push and see what would happen."

"Just take Rex Lapis' gnosis and leave. There's no point staying here in Liyue any longer." Scaramouche urged, gesturing towards the Exuvia that was presented neatly up on the wall.

"I think I could spare a bit of time, don't you think?" Childe shrugs. "Besides, the gnosis isn't there anyways."

"What?"

"Zhongli has possession of it at the moment." The ginger explains. "We all thought he kept it here but I think he sensed something was up. Did you perhaps tell him we were after the gnosis?"

"Why would I go behind the Tsaritsa's back to betray the Fatui? Of course I didn't tell him anything." Scaramouche scoffed.

"I'm only kidding, Balladeer. I already know you didn't do such a thing." Childe chuckled, but it sounded unsettling. "We've been watching through your eyes to make sure you don't go out of order."

"Watching through my eyes?"

"You've forgotten? You're just a mere puppet. When Dottore fixed up your parts, he altered your eyes and parts of your brain."

"What?"

"That's right. We see all your movements through your own eyes. And your brain? Dottore made sure to program you to always fight for the Serai Island Princess! You're like what Mikasa is to Eren!"

"No. You're wrong, ach!" Scaramouche said, feeling another zap to his heart.

"But some of the Raiden Shogun still lives inside you. You're just a pawn in everyone's eyes. You're being used by Ei and the Fatui because you can't do or feel things for yourself."

Scaramouche's eyes widened.

"And once we get hold of every gnosis, and once we have the Serai Island Princess, you're memories will be removed. You'll forget every single thing that has happened from the day you met her." Childe laughed. "And then you'll go back to your old arrogant, miserable self."

Scaramouche couldn't believe it. He must be lying. Childe is lying, right? It's just to fuel his anger.

"But for now." The Snezhnayan Prince suddenly summons several sigils, all of which hover in a circle around him. "I will awaken the god that lies dormant beneath Guyun Stone Forest."

"Don't tell me..."

"Osial, Overlord of the Vortex, who was defeated by Morax, the Geo Archon, in the Archon War. If such an ancient god were to be unleashed upon Liyue Harbour, defenceless without the protection of its deity..." The sigils left his body and moved elsewhere. "Do you think Zhongli would just stand aloof and watch the ensuing destruction?"

"You're going too far! This isn't what the Tsaritsa wants!"

"She doesn't care what we do as long as that geo gnosis is ours!" Childe exclaimed. "Now, I shall take my leave. You're free to stay and watch the show!" He then laughed evilly before disappearing into thin air.