Chapter 14

omg i updated within a week of the previous chapter instead of a whole month ?//(:&/):&:@/&):

not proofread

—————————————————

"IM SORRY, WHAT?"

Childe had dramatically spat his wine out, and everyone was surprised. Most of them knew of Inazuma's rules, so how could Ei let this happen?

He got up from his chair and looked at the other Inazuman royals, with a look that asked 'what on Teyvat is going on?', but they all stared at him with a smile and a shrug. Itto looked the most proud, with a soft look on his face as he watched Kazuha walk down the stairs.

Ei was nowhere to be seen. Her bodyguard, Kujou Sara, was happily clapping for Y/N and Kazuha but the long purple haired archon was not beside her like usual.

He even looked at Scaramouche, wondering if he knew anything about this, but he looked just as shocked as Childe was, but before he could say anything, the lights dimmed and the first few lines of Akuma no Ko began to play.

"Kazuha..." Y/N whispered.

"Y/N." He chuckled, taking his hand out for her to take. "Dance with me."

She did so without hesitation, and her shocked face changed into a smile, wondering if this was all just a dream.

It all started to add up. The way the other Inazumans knew who Kazuha was courting, except Y/N herself. The way his letters only ever included a single haiku and nothing else to make sure his identity was never in the slightest given away.

As the two danced underneath the spotlight, Y/N listened to the music, unfamiliar with the language yet in love with the melody.

"How did you do this..." Y/N mumbled into Kazuha's chest.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeve." The Kannazuka Prince says. "Don't worry about anything. It's all allowed."

"But what about Ei-"

"She accepted it." Kazuha replied. "It's all okay."

The two danced gracefully, and everyone watched in awe.

This is the one.

This is the suitor that Y/N will pick.

Childe continued to stare at the royals dancing, and his eye twitched. This was not meant to happen. Y/N was supposed to pick him, then he would take her to Snezhnaya and give her to the Tsaritsa. Easy.

But now it got a whole lot more difficult. He might just have to take her the hard way.

'Sekai wa zankokuda, soredemo kimi o aisu yo.' (The world is cruel, but I still love you)

Both Y/N and Kazuha were ecstatic. Their hearts beating fast and their stomach's were full of butterflies.

The day had finally come where they could be together with no bounds.

'Nani o gisei ni shite mo, soredemo kimi o mamoru yo.' (No matter what you sacrifice, I will still protect you.)

Though, Y/N couldn't help but remember.

Isn't this the song Scaramouche sang her on Starsnatch Cliff?

Scaramouche stood in disbelief. It was unfair. The same rules that forbid both him and Kazuha to be with Y/N were broken, and Kazuha got to her first.

Each step they took together as they danced tore his heart apart. He was broken and he felt hurt. He felt betrayed... again. He wasn't supposed to be feeling this way. He was never meant to fall in love with her. He should've listened to the Tsaritsa. He should've listened to Tartaglia. He should've listened to everyone who warned him.