Chapter 17

how was everyone's christmas? i got an electric guitar 🤭 and i didn't end up posting like i said i might 😭 i seriously have bad writers block wtf. anyways here's a chapter 🙀

the last two chapters will probably be shorter than usual

not proofread.

——

"Take your shirt off." Tighnari asked, kneeling beside Y/N, who was lying down.

"Pardon me?" Y/N replied.

"Sorry, I meant lift your shirt. I need to see the wound." The Forest Watcher clarified as Y/N nodded and revealed her stomach, which was covered in blood.

"Woah, where are we?" Itto asked, spinning around in a circle. He admired the scenery.

"This tree is called Irminsul. It's a hidden area for us in Sumeru." Nahida answered softly, watching over Itto in case he tripped.

"Oh! So it's kinda like how we have Enkanomiya." Itto's eyes lit up.

"Indeed."

"Anyways, how're you feeling?" The oni turned to face Y/N, whose wound was being treated by Tighnari.

"I'm alive, that's all that really matters, I guess." The Princess of Seirai Island shrugged, slightly wincing as the forest watcher wrapped a clean bandage around her.

"Princess Kusanali told me about what happened, and, man, I can't believe that Ayato was not in fact my Aya-bro." Itto sighed and placed his hands on his hips. "I guess he was an Aya-foe."

Tighnari immediately shot him a certain look.

"Respectfully, never make that joke again." He said, shaking his head as he finished wrapping up Y/N's injury.

"Alright, alright." Itto walked towards them with Nahida trailing behind. "But I cant forgive him for the Aya-woe he's brought us."

Tighnari stood up, lending Y/N a hand to help her stand back up. She pulled upwards and leaned against the Forest Watcher's body.

"That was terrible." Tighnari groaned as he gave Itto a look of disgust. "You're exactly like Cyno."

"Is that the little dude with white hair and an intimidating look?" The oni asked, placing a hand on his chin as he looked to the sky in thought.

"Questionable description, but yes."

"Now that Tighnari has patched you up, I'd like to explain to you and Itto a couple of things." Nahida finally spoke up before Itto could reply.

"As you should know, Princess Ei had planned all of this from the beginning." She said. "However, she had only predicted outcomes until the incident in Snezhnaya. This means that the Doctor coming here to take your gnosis was something we had not anticipated."

'Ei knew?' Y/N thought.

"Now that we don't know how things will turn out, Princess Ei wants you both to return to Inazuma as soon as possible so she can keep the royals safe until she figures something out."