Chapter 15

HELLO IM BACK HEHEHE
i did not intend to leave this book hanging for so long 😭
BUT HEY HERES A CHAPTER 💪

again, this chapter might be hella confusing so if anyone has questions, feel free to contact me :)

i promise i'll do better with replying 🙏

anyways, let's get to the chapter !!

warning: kinda gory kinda cringey during scara's part later on

not proofread.

Scaramouche left the Tenshukaku with the electro gnosis clutched tightly in his hand. He was so overwhelmed with the information he was just given, and he noticed how his own hands trembled as he walked down the staircase.

He walked down the pathway to the village, and his shoulders physically tensed up at the realisation that this place was the first village both he and Y/N visited together.

Maybe he should stay for a bit before he returns to the Snezhnayan Palace.

Scaramouche walked towards Shimura's, his Mora pouch dangling in his pockets. He passed by the table he once sat at with Y/N and he immediately shivered.

"Ah, Sir Scaramouche!" Shimura says, wiping his hands with a tea towel. "How have you been? Everyone was watching the Teyvat Ball live last night. How lovely is it that Prince Kazuha and Princess Y/N are getting married!"

The indigo haired man clenched his hands in a fist before replying. "Yes, how sweet."

"The broadcast was cut off after their dance and proposal, though, so we're not sure what happened after that." Shimura continued. "Is the Princess of Serai Island alright? Is she not with you? No one saw her when the royals docked the boats this morning."

Scaramouche pauses, remembering that Y/N and Kazuha were taken away by his two least reliable colleagues. "Princess Y/N is... alright. She's just been really busy these days so it's hard to see her around."

"Oh, what a shame!" The old man replies. "Everyone was excited to greet her and her fiancé."

Scaramouche felt guilty. He felt so shunned at the fact that Y/N may not ever return to Inazuma to see the citizens. She will never get married, she will never have a family, and she will never share the happiness with her Seirai Island people. All the things she had always dreamed of, will never come true because of that damned gnosis of hers.

"Anyways, sir, is there anything you'd like to order?" Shimura asks, placing the tea towel down. "It's on the house!"

Scaramouche smiled sadly. "One serving of omelette rice and some tricoloured dango."

~~~

"Mr. Shimura, I would be delighted to buy some of your tricolour dango and a two servings of omelette rice, please!" She exclaims.

~~~

"Please." He added, hearing Y/N voice in his head. 'Use your manners!', she would've scolded him.

"Of course!" Shimura exclaims, proceeding to walk into the back kitchen.

Scaramouche sighed before walking further down the path as he waited for his food. His steps were heavy, and the electro gnosis remained in his hand.

Why? Why was this happening?

He thought back to what Yae said. Y/N would die if he brought the gnosis back but that's what Ei planned. Perhaps Ei had a way to rescue the Seirai Island Princess and Kannazuka Prince.