Chapter 11

NOT PROOFREAD

He ran.

Scaramouche ran towards Stormterror's Lair.

Without a map.

He relied on instinct and believed it was all that he needed.

"Fucking ginger!" Scaramouche grunted as he ran through the dirt road heading North.

The sharp branches that interfered with the pathway scratched along his body as he sprinted. Though his body ached, he trudged on, hoping that he'd be able to save Kazuha in time.

"And his fucking bodyguard! Literally the dumbest person on Teyvat! How did he even get the job!" He continued to complain through quickened breaths.

Scaramouche continued running, even as his steps gradually slowed, he pushed.

This wasn't meant to happen.

Getting frustrated with the obstacles ahead, Scaramouche used his electro powers to blast any branches that obscured the path ahead of him.

He had already been running for a while and the light of the Lair was beginning to peek into his eyesight.

Was it even worth trying to save Kazuha's life? What if he was already dead?

No. Scaramouche knew he shouldn't think like that.

When he finally reached the foot of the lair, he stopped, taking a big breath as he stuck his sword into the ground. He leaned onto the sword, sweat dripping down his face as he mentally cursed.

After a short moment, Scaramouche picked up his sword, and began making his way to the highest floor of the Lair.

'Move faster!', he told himself. Time is ticking, Childe might have shed some blood and Scaramouche didn't want to arrive late to the scene.

When he finally arrived at the very top of the Lair, the Snezhnayan Prince was already dangling Kazuha over the ledge with a nasty smirk plastered on his face.

"Childe!" Scaramouche exclaimed, infusing his sword with electro. "Let him go!"

"Let him go?" The ginger laughed. "Oh, I would love to!"

"No, not like that!" The bodyguard said. "Just don't fucking kill him!"

"Why not?"

"It's unnecessary!" Scaramouche replied sternly. "Your job is to ensure you have Y/N's hand in marriage. That's it. The Tsaritsa never instructed you to kill the Kannazuka Prince."

"In order to marry the Seirai Island Princess, I have to get rid of Kazuha." Childe simply chuckled.

"No you don't!" The indigo haired boy exclaimed exasperatedly. "You know the rules! They can't even be together! There's no point!"

"Rules are made to be broken." The ginger rolled his eyes. "If they love each other, surely they'll break some rules."

"Oh Archons, just put him down!"

"Why?" The eleventh harbinger asked. "Or else you'll hurt me? You'll kill me?"

"Are you asking for it?" Scaramouche narrowed his eyes.

"I'm always up for a fight!" Childe chuckled evilly. "Though, it's too bad the Doctor won't let you lay a finger on me."

The bodyguard immediately frowned, feeling his body tense up at the mention of his coworker.

He shook his head, trying to empty his head of those thoughts and eyed Childe's hands, which were still tightly gripping onto Kazuha's clothing.