Chapter 8

"Thank you for the meal, Prince Diluc." Y/N says as her plate is picked up by one of his maids.

"Anytime." The redhead replies, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "And please, no need for formalities. Just Diluc is fine."

Kazuha took a sip of his drink and then set it down before him, sighing. "Beidou would adore this wine."

"You think we can steal some and ship it to her?" Tomo whispered beside him.

"I'd prefer if you don't do that." Diluc interrupted from across the table, causing Tomo to freeze.

"Aha... I'm just kidding!" He chuckled nervously before standing and taking his and Kazuha's plates to the sink.

"Thank you for letting us stay, Diluc." Y/N says as she tucks her hair behind her ear. "I know I said it yesterday but I just want you to know we're grateful."

"You don't always have to say thank you, I'm more than happy to provide you all with these basic needs." The Mondstadt Prince says, smiling. "Besides, I'd like to believe you would do the same for me."

"No, we wouldn't." Scaramouche mumbled as he poked at his food, not having eaten anything since the plates were laid down in front of them.

He had been silent for most of the dinner. After hearing the faint words of Ei and Venti earlier at the store, his thoughts were too occupied with trying to figure out what they were planning.

Y/N shot her bodyguard a glare and Tomo returned from the kitchen, with one of his sleeves looking a little too stuffed to only have his arm inside.

"Me and Kazuha are gonna go up now." Tomo announced. "We're a bit, uh... Tired."

"Alright then." Diluc nodded, standing up from his seat. "Sleep well."

"Will do." Tomo snickered as he pushed Kazuha's empty chair in. He rushed to the foot of the stairs, waving the Kannazuka Prince over to come quicker.

"Enjoy the wine." Diluc added on, hearing glass clang against the staircase.

Tomo hid his hands behind his back. "Wine? What wine? I don't know what you're talking about."

Kazuha chuckled, pushing his bodyguard up the stairs. "Goodnight everyone."

"Goodnight!" Y/N waves before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Guizhong asks quietly as she takes a spoonful of her food.

"I think I'll head to bed too." Y/N shrugs.

She stands beside Scaramouche and places a hand on his shoulder. "Goodnight, Scara."

Her bodyguard instantly fixes his posture, no longer slouching as his face tinted red. "Goodnight, your highness."

Y/N giggled and began walking up the stairs, skipping over a few steps to arrive at her room faster.

"He's blushing~" Guizhong sang when Y/N disappeared down the hallway and into her room.

"No I'm not." Scaramouche folded his arms, pushing his chair back to leave the table.

"Y/N and Scaramouche, sitting in a tree-"

"Oh my Archons..." The indigo haired boy mumbles before trudging up the stairs, his veil swaying as he did so.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Guizhong finished, amused with her teasing.

"Guizhong, dear, that's enough." Zhongli sighs, downing his tea. "Let's go."

He stands and takes Guizhong's hand, helping her up as they walk upstairs together. Zhongli paused for a moment and looked back.

"Prince Diluc?" Zhongli asks.