V

•• Chapter Five ••

Jisung laid in his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He was able to get Minho to go to his own bed and sleep after a while, but Jisung couldn't sleep.

He just laid there staring up at the plain white ceiling, blinking. He was completely unsure of how to process the feelings that began to curl themselves up and settle in his stomach.

2 a.m. and Jisung couldn't get even a taste of sleep. His mind was too active by the burning sensation of how it felt to have lips brush softly against his neck.

It brought back feelings he didn't think he'd allow himself to feel again.

It's barely been two weeks since he has met Minho, why was he all of a sudden feeling such a magnetic pull towards him.

Jisung sat up in his bed and ran his fingers through his hair. He needed to clear his head. So he stood and made his way to the kitchen for a glass of water and to search the cabinets for any snacks. Food always helped.

Jisung turned on the side light that dimly lit up the room in an orange colored lighting.

He opened the fridge and grabbed a box of his favorite frozen dumplings and popped them out of the cardboard and steamed them up in a small pot.

While waiting for them to finish up he thawed the sauce and heated it up in the microwave in a tiny sauce bowl.

Jisung hummed the melody of his favorite song as he arranged the dumplings on the plate and walked over to the couch.

Tomorrow was his day off, he realized. He could stay up as long as he wanted and no one could stop him.

Jisung grabbed for the remote and turned on the TV. The balcony door was swung open, making Jisung's soul jump from his body.

"Jesus!" Jisung exclaim led, watching at Minho flicked away a dying cigarette.

"Sorry." Minho whispered, quietly closing the glass door.

"I didn't realize you were up." Jisung whispered turning his flushed face away. Embarrassment filled Jisung's body from being so easily frightened.

The smell of smoke filled the air and it made Jisung a little light headed. Minho heavily smelled of it.

Minho stood awkwardly at the door. "I couldn't fall back asleep. Figured I'd- you know." Jisung watched as Minho ran his fingers nervously through his hair.

"That's bad for you." Jisung tried to make a joke and even cracked a smile but Minho just sighed and agreed.

"I know."

Jisung frowned at the older, a ball of guilt growing in his stomach.

"Do you want to watch with me?"

Jisung gestures to the tv as he clicked on a show. He refuses to tell Chan he was watching You.

"I don't want to-" Minho had a look on his face. One that read I don't want to invade your bubble again.

"Oh, just sit down." Jisung said, motioning for the man to sit down beside him.

Minho sat down beside Jisung, keeping a little bit of space between the two of them.

Jisung clicked the play button on the remote and snuggled himself into the couch cushions as he popped a dumpling into his mouth with a pair of chopsticks.

"Want one?" Jisung asked Minho, motioning to the 8 dumplings on his plate.

"I'm good, thank you though." Minho shook his head. Jisung was behaving differently since what happened earlier, whatever the fuck it was. Minho cocked his head to the side, trying to get a read on the young man.