XXXXV

•• Chapter Forty-Five ••

Chan waited outside the restaurant with Jisung. Hyunjin, Felix and Minho haven't showed yet, but Jeongin was on his way.

Jisung was surprisingly very for the idea of tonight. He had remember Jeongin from class, he was almost always gone. But the occasional times he showed up he seemed like a decent person.

He had asked Chan how they knew each other. Chan didn't elaborate much, he only said just old friends.

Chan hadn't lied, they never were more than friends but only because Jeongin played the push and pull game. He was grateful that they never ended up being anything more, that Chan had gotten himself out of that situation. They would've been toxic.

"Jisung. Are you sure you want to meet him?"

"Yes! He's an old friend of yours and I knew him from school! Why? Are you getting anxious?" Jisung asked, slightly concerned.

"No, I just. I haven't talked to him in four years aside from yesterday. I don't know how different he's going to be."

"I'm sure everything will be fine, okay?"

Just then Jeongin pulled into the lot. The only reason they knew was because his tinted windows were rolled halfway down.

"He's here." Jisung was a little excited.

As Jeongin got out of the car, his eyes went towards the door first, then scanned the lot before he saw Chan. Then his eyes landed in Jisung.

He made his way over to the couple, instantly reached for a hug from each. "Sorry, I'm more of a hugger."

"That's okay, my best friend is too." Jisung laughed it off.

"Is he coming too? Chan mentioned a bigger group." Jeongin searched the lot for others but no one seemed to be walking towards them.

"Yea. They should be on there way." Jisung smiled, and Chan stood there watching the too interact for a while. I guess this wasn't such a bad idea.

"You're a couples therapist?" Jisung asked excitedly. "That's fucking awesome!"

"Yea, it's a little exhausting sometimes. Makes me glad I'm not in a relationship at some points." Jeongin laughed it off and continued, "what do you do? I remember you took the sociology class with me."

"Oh, I'm a social worker for children in foster homes."

Chan zoned out of the conversation as he watched Hyunjin's car pull into the parking lot. Felix and Minho with him.

"They're here." Chan piped up, pushing himself off of his car.

"Oh, you're gonna love Felix!" Jisung said immediately dragging Jeongin with him. Something in Chan's heart made him smile. Watching how interact Jisung was, and quickly the two clicked. That wouldn't have happened before. They most likely would've hated each other. We are all adults now. That's the first thought that entered his mind.

It's the truth. The lot of them had grown in ways. Jeongin seem mellower, Jisung was more social. Hyunjin wasn't much of a party animal now because Felix was calming him down. Minho, however, Chan still didn't know how to feel about him. Whether to hate him or simply accept him.