XXV

•• Chapter Twenty-Five ••

[This Chapter will contain S/A & R@P3 triggers! I will mark the beginning of the passage with '⚠️' and the end with '' in case you feel unable to finish reading it.]

Jisung was stuck in his thoughts. Going back and forth between choices. Whether to call Minho or just simply show up. There was only one place he knew of where he would be. Hyunjin's. The sun was starting to set, so he'd need to make his decision preferably soon.

Minutes were passing by and Jisung still didn't know what choice to make. He always wound up making the worse decisions. He chewed on the side of his cheek, putting way too much focus on his thoughts.

He folded his hands together and tried to just relax against the couch. He let out a deep breath and reached the phone he just went and bought. Jisung scrolled through his contacts, until his thumb landed on Minho's. His finger hovered over the call button for a minute before finally working up the courage to click it.

He held the phone up to his ear as the line rang. It didn't ring at all, just straight to voicemail. He tried again even if it didn't make any difference. He hoped it would, but it didn't.

"Hey! It's Lino. I can't answer right now. Just leave a message." He sighed as he heard Minho's voice. The tone beeped and Jisung just lowered his phone and ended the connection.

He really fucked this up. He glanced towards his apartment door and debated two choices. Say fuck it and do what his instincts were telling him to do, which was to completely show up unannounced. Or consult his closest friend at the moment.

He'd been actively avoiding Chan. He knew a lecture was waiting for him. You threw away a good thing, Chan would say. He'd be scolded with every fact Jisung already knew.

He stood and stepped outside his apartment. He kept his door handle in his hand whilst he was building courage in case second thoughts hit and he felt the need to go back inside.

Jisung stepped forward across the hall and knocked on Chan's door. There was nothing but silence. Right as he was about to turn away and go back, he heard the locks click.

He turned to see Chan looking at him. Bewildered as if Jisung hadn't shown his face in five years. Chan grabbed Jisung's wrist and pull him inside.

"What the hell, Jisung?" Chan punched him in the shoulder. "You decide to say fuck off to me too?"

"What? No." Jisung widened as he rubbed his shoulder.

"You actively avoided me Jisung. Did you think I wouldn't notice?" His head hung low, not wanting to make eye contact with Chan.

"I knew you would." Chan's face fell. "But I fucked up. I fucked up bad. I didn't want to involve you of all people. You didn't need to see it." Jisung almost started spiraling but was calmed by Chan's embrace.

"Jisung. You didn't fuck up."

"But I did. I rebounded that same night because I thought it would get rid of the ache and the anger. But it didn't."

Chan was completely surprised by Jisung's word.

"Instead the ache became more painful and the anger turned itself around on me." Jisung sighed. "I fucked up and I need you to tell me what to do next."