Chapter 11

Point of view Ashton Rex

I placed Blaze in the corner of the room while hitting the bag. I lost track of time while in combat. It was a passion for me to shoot and destroy. I placed the bag back on the hook a few times as my punches were too strong.

I smiled, looking at the broken glass that I had caused once. Turning around, I jumped as I had forgotten Blaze was there. He had urinated on the floor. I wanted to strangle him.

- "You little piece of..." I started saying before he started growling at me with an embarrassed demeanor.

I picked the little ball of fur with disgusts. I kind of liked his sassiness; he reminded me of me sometimes. Too bad he can't hold his pee, though.

I walked towards the health center where Kaya was examining a patient. I directly went towards the back of the room, where few students knew about a door. It was for the little gremlins that the students had. It was a nursery during the day, but the animals had to be a few months old. Blaze was way too needy to be set into the nursery.

However, they did have what I needed. I grabbed a bag while stuffing it with special diapers, chewing toys, milk solution for creatures, and a few toys.

I brought Blaze towards a table that the room with supplies had. The nursery was right around the corner, and I could hear other creatures' different sounds and squeaks behind that door.

I had always wanted a little furry friend, but I didn't think I was destined to have one. I already had so many powers, and sometimes, a Beast of my kind.

Blaze was a beautiful creature. I knew he would grow up robust enough to protect Alena, which I was hoping for. Ever since I knew, I wanted to do everything in my power not to ruin everything.

I was still mad that she was hiding from me. I also wanted to hurt her by taking those feelings away from me.

Before starting what, I was about to do; I looked up at the ceiling. Not in a million years, I thought I was ever going to do this.

I looked down at Blaze and attached a diaper to his little butt. He didn't like it at first and growled at me while trying to bite it off.

I pointed a forward to him: "You little piece of s..." I didn't continue. I think I would get in trouble. Blaze seems smart enough to rat me out. "You're keeping that one. You don't have a choice."

Blaze wined. I rolled my eyes while picking him out again. I left the room, going back into the health center, where Kaya had a distracted look on her face. She tried to hide it by joking around. "I would've never thought you were gonna be a dad someday."

- "Tell me about it." I say while not completely shutting down the idea.

Kaya was sitting down on one of the empty beds. A few curtains were shut—more than usual.

- "You should go to class. It's going to start in a few minutes." She says with a monotone voice.

I shake my head while approaching her and putting a friendly hand on her shoulder. "Tell me what's going."

A tear rolls down her face. "It's Elijah." She says while looking down at her hands.

Elijah was her husband. They just got married this summer. Eli and Kaya's soulmate both died at a young age. One from cancer and the other from a car accident. Even if they were deprived of the most potent love the world knows, they made it work beautifully. Their type of relationship was called a Friendly Marriage. Our world considered their relationship bound based on a friendship and deep connection rather than a more profound, inescapable love. They complimented each other in a way that I admired.

I loved Kaya in a sort of brotherly attachment. I also really liked Eli. However, they always made me uncomfortable to be around. I was scared that my soulmate would choose someone else over me. I was so frightened that my chaos would scare someone away. It kept me up at night.

I wrapped my arms around Kaya as she sobbed into my arms. "We are now for sure that if the prophecy isn't complete, people will die. The plague is coming. It starts with black spots on your skin. It's painful. It's filled with darkness."

I unwrapped my arms as she got up and opened a curtain of a student. She didn't have any symbols on her skin, so I could tell she was new. Her arms were black. It was unlike anything I had ever seen. The student was asleep. She looked so weak.

- "The darkness will continue until it reaches her heart and stops it." She says while putting her hand on her head.

I wanted to run away. Everyone knew I was the cause of all of this.

- "It takes people. I don't know how the plague chooses, but it does." She explains. "Eli has a few spots."

I nodded my head while she looked at me with despair. I could feel her anger. It was a feeling I felt exceptionally well. It fed my demons. Kaya had enough of me and my darkness, and now it was killing people. At a rapid pace.

- "Don't come back until you have fixed this." She articulates slowly, breaking my heart.