Chapter 28

Chapter 28 - Bring it home to me

Point of view Alena

I was dancing in my cell with the music I could hear from upstairs. The Shadow Dorm was throwing a party this Friday night, and I was missing out. I could tell by the small window on top of my cell's wall that it was a night out.

Ash had been gone for hours. I had no idea where he went or if he would ever come back, so I kept moving from side to side, dancing to the music. The music wasn't pop, but rather from an old eighties band. Moving kept my boredom away.

I realized that I was alone for the very first time in weeks. Here at Hellia University, I was never truly alone. There was always my roommate or someone around the corner.

I was interrupted in my moment by the racket that was happening. Two guards dressed entirely in black were walking closely behind Ashton, and watching him appear made my heart melt. He was wearing a simple white shirt that was closely sticking to his chest, which defined his heavenly carved body.

Something in his eyes had changed. He became more insolent in his appearance. His pupils were dilated slightly. Ashton had a smirch on his face. I was the only one that could be noticed as he was facing me. It was like he was trying to tell me something.

The guards open my gate without a word. I was too afraid to speak or to say anything. I was scared I was about to get in severe trouble or get kicked out of the university my mom had graduated from.

I started walking, one guard in front of us, the other behind. My heart started beating as I was afraid of what would come. However, when I felt the slight touch against one of my hands. Ashe's hand wrapped around mine sent butterflies into my stomach. It was like I was getting oxygen once again. The warmth, the tension, everything made my whole being awake.

I followed the guards through a hidden door that I had never noticed as it blended perfectly into the wall of our confinement area of the Shadow Cast dorm.

We followed a long and poorly lighted corridor. It let out into an empty parking lot, a few yards away from our dorm. A black BMW was waiting outside. Ashton and I got into the back. He let go of my finger, but he never spoke to me either.

I had a feeling that Ash never really learned how to express his feelings or express his concern. However, his physical touch compensated for the lack of words.

The car drove for what seemed to be an eternity. Long enough for me to fall asleep in Ashes' arms.

***

I woke up once we arrived in front of a hospital building. A place I knew oh too well. My mother had spent months inside a hospital when she was dying.

"You need to fix her," Ash whispered in my ear. He was close enough for me to smell his fresh cologne, which made my heart beat harder, and I always wanted more of that scent.

Her. I knew exactly who he was talking about. Ash was referring to Dysnomia. The one I had hurt so badly and made her forget so much. She was the reason I was placed in a cell for 24 hours.

I had become jealous of their relationship. But after thinking for a few seconds, I knew this wasn't the choice. Ashton wouldn't have been here. This was Lilith's decision. Neither he nor I wanted to be in this situation. Neither of us wanted to be the critical parts of a prophecy. We weren't ready to complete our bond just yet. We weren't prepared, but the universe gave us no damn power of decision.

Ash kissed me on the cheeks before stepping out of the car. While stepping out, he reengaged the hair strands that had fallen in front of his eyes.

The driver stepped out of the car. I guessed by his black uniform that he always was part of the guard. We walked into the hospital and turned a few corners into the dedicated section for our world. A supernatural being was placed into each hospital around the country to create a particular unit for our kind.

When Ash and I walked into the unit where Dysnomia was, our breaths were taken aback. The corridor was filled with children, kids, older men, and women with strange marks on their skin. Most of them were waiting, sitting on the cold floor. Others were being rushed to the emergency room. The ones on those beds were seriously angered, and their skin had turned red.

I couldn't dare look at Ash as if we were responsible for this mess. The guard showed the room in which Dysnomia was staying. He stood next to the door without saying a word.

Before entering the room, Ash saw me shaking and took me by the wrist. He swung me around and pressed his lips on mine. The kiss wasn't short; he made sure our tongues touched each other. Once he made, sure enough, heads were turned, he said in my ear: "Once you come out of the room, trust me, and run with me." He cupped my cheeks in his hands. His expression showed me that he was messing around and that I had no choice but to listen to him.

Running away with Ashton's Rex was like anyone's dream at the school. I looked up at him; I couldn't stop but smile. I was going to run away with Ash. The dark and handsome boy I was falling in love with.

Before doing that, though, I had to fix something. I entered the room in small steps. Luckily, Dysnomia was barely awake. But at the noise of my footsteps, she woke up and screamed.

"Hello, my name is Dysomnia!" She screamed with a childish voice. She clapped her hands with excitement before frowning as if she was in pain. With further inspection, I noticed that both her legs were in casts.

I didn't want to stay any longer than I should of. I came closer to her and took her hand. I closed my hands, focusing enough to try to erase and recall the magic I had put into her to fog her mind enough to forget the last fifteen years of her life. It took a while before her hand snapped out of mine. I noticed that her eyes were no longer empty, and she had regained her memories.

Before she said anything, I left the room, running. When I came out, I noticed that the guard was already passed out on the side and laying. Ash looked at me with an apologetic look. He had punched the guard, causing him to pass out.

That's how Ash and I left the hospital full of patients that we're dying from our hands. It was the time to escape and leave behind what the universe had in store for us.

When we got out into the parking lot, Ash ran towards the car like a child as he swung around the car keys that he had stolen. I sat in the passenger seat. Before he started the vehicle, Ash pressed his lips against mine once again. Before revving the engine and starting the car. He played the radio, playing the song: "Bring it on Home to Me" by Sam Cooke. Ash began seeing the words as he placed his hand on my thigh, squeezing it lightly.

Our destiny was no longer out of our control, and for the few moments we had together, I would enjoy every bit of it.