Chapter 18

When Kageyama woke up a doctor was in the room talking to Hinata. Kageyama listened to Hinata asking the doctor questions about his bowel movement. "Well your immune system is on high alert to make sure that all the toxins are out of your body, so it's quickly getting rid of any food that it doesn't need. I do recommend drinking plenty of water, maybe eating some white rice and other whole grains." The doctor explained with a smile. She took his temperature, his blood pressure, then asked him more questions and did more little check-ups on him. "Alright Shoyo, it seems like you are making an amazing recovery. Tomorrow we'll get you into a quick physical therapy lesson to get your muscles working then you'll be free to go." She said while writing something on her clipboard. Hinata played with his fingers. 

"Do I still have to go to a mental hospital?" Hinata asked, slightly embarrassed. The doctor sighed then nodded. "Well for your case it's either a mental hospital or weekly therapy." The doctor said, Hinata smiled happily, "I'll gladly do weekly therapy!" Hinata excitedly said. Kageyama's heart felt so warm as he listened. The doctor left the room with the two of them and Hinata slowly moved himself to the edge of the bed. It was around 8 am, Hinata took a short nap but he was bored out of his mind. Kageyama grabbed Hinata's hand then cleared his throat. "Where are you going? Do you need something, Hinata?" Kageyama said. Hinata blushed then slowly turned himself towards Kageyama. "Just bored. Kageyama you seem really tired, something tells me you don't get a good amount of sleep." Hinata said, making a conversation.

"Recently no. I've been up every night getting work done, do you want me to get you anything?" Kageyama asked, quickly dodging Hinata's question. Hinata shook his head then looked at the time. "Can I ask you for a favor?" Hinata asked, he played with his fingers. Kageyama nodded, then Hinata took a deep breath. "Can you leave for a little bit? Um my son will be coming in a couple of minutes and I just want to consult him before he sees you." Hinata murmured. Kageyama nodded. Hinata hugged Kageyama then sniffed. He tried not to cry but it was too late. "I'm sorry... I've just-" Kageyama shushed him. "You don't have to explain anything." Kageyama said, placing Hinata on his lap. The omega yelped in surprise then blushed. They sat like that for a while. 

For the first time in forever Hinata started purring. The pheromones of his mate made him feel so safe for the first time in years. Minutes passed until a loud ringing interrupted the room. Hinata stopped purring then flinched. Kageyama grabbed his phone then answered it. "Hello?" He answered. "Finally this is the right number. Can you put Hinata on the phone?" Tadashi said. Kageyama gave the phone to Hinata. "Hello?" Hinata said, taking the phone. "We'll have to bring him early Hinata." Hinata bit his lip then glanced at Kageyama. The alpha could still hear their  conversation. He nodded, then Hinata smiled. "Well bring him. I'll have Kageyama get us some food while he's here." Hinata said giggling. Kageyama put Hinata back on the bed. "Okay well we're on our way." Tadashi said then he hung up. 

"Well I'll go get food then. You'll be okay by yourself right?" Kageyama asked, getting up from the chair. Hinata nodded, then Kageyama left the room. 

To Be Continued...