chapter 11

S O R E N
8 Y E A R S A G O

I listened in to everything that happened in that bathroom, found out about those two brothers who slaughtered her older sister when she was just twelve. I didn't know what it was like to lose someone that close to you but from her voice, I can tell how much pain she was in. Her cold exterior never faltered around me, and when it did, I wanted to hold her.

I didn't know why but I felt the urge to cradle her in my arms to comfort her. Did she have anyone to talk to about this? I wasn't sure what her relationship with her father was like but I hope they were close. She shouldn't be alone.

I walked into the bathroom, looking at the blood on the floor, spilling from the guy she was dancing with and his brother, who looked like he was in excruciating pain.

His eyes widen, in relief, as he sees me walk in, "Please help me, I've been poisoned."

"I know."

His eyes widened even more, "You're not here to help?"

I snort, "I'm here to make sure you die."

I wanted him to die, for how the pain he put her through, the pain he put her sister through. I was going to witness him slowly rot in pain.

And I did, I stayed there until his eyes rolled back to his head, and checked his pulse to make sure he was gone forever.

~~~~

It had been two weeks since I'd seen her. We still have one victim left on the list and I was sure she was going to get to him before I do but no one has confirmed his death so here I am attending this dumb masquerade ball in a suit with a plain blood-red mask.

To my left, stood Angelo Romano. His platinum blonde hair clashes against his bright blue suit. It was so bright, it kind of hurts my eyes just by glancing at it.

I watched him carefully, trying to get him alone so we could make this kill fast and easy, and hopefully, I could go find Vera. If she's here. After what seems like an hour of him socializing with the mayor, he finally moves into the hallway where the bathrooms are located.

I discarded my drink two minutes later and calmly followed him, making it look like I just needed to use the bathroom the same time he did. I opened the door and as I open it, a fist connects with the side of my head but I barely feel the effects of it.

Angelo's men stood all in the bathroom while he stood in the middle with a prideful look on his face. I think I'm going to start throwing a fit because I wanted this quick and easy.

"I've noticed you've killed all my friends, and I knew it was about damn time you got to me."

I didn't do it alone, but I also didn't want to say anything in case he's the one who somehow makes it out alive and I don't. Vera and I may be rivals but I've grown to like her a bit. She brings the challenge out in me. The competition was something I didn't enjoy until I met her.

I let out a rough sigh, going into the bathroom and shutting the door behind me. Alright, let's get this shit over with.

I slammed my fist into the bulky guy on my right, and he goes down. My left leg meets the guy to my left right in the gut, and I swing my right leg over to hit him directly in his temple and wow, he goes down too.

This is boring, I'm fucking bored out of my mind.

Angelo notices me taking down all of his bodyguards, the panic rushes through him and I can sense it. I smirk, "You got time to run, buddy."