chapter 33

S O R E N
P R E S E N T  D A Y

"Daddy!"

This feeling of joy and pure happiness that just swirled around my body will never get old. Ever. My heart beats faster every time I hear Emmy call me that. She's staring up at me with her big eyes and I stare back down at her with the widest smile I can ever make. My face actually hurts but do I care? No, because my daughter is calling me.

"Hm?"

"Why can't mommy and I come with you? I want to see your house."

Vera's eyes widen and she gives me a warning look. One that tells me if I say the wrong thing she'll throw me in the meat grinder.

"You've seen my house when you came over to make me breakfast," I tell her. We haven't been back there because we couldn't risk anyone else seeing Emmy and Vera in my room so I've just stayed in Vera's room overnight. The only people who lived here were Kohl, on the west wing, and two of the maids but they don't live in the east wing where Vera's room was located.

"But you said you had to go home and get the rest of your stuff?" Her brows are furrowed as she questions me. She's too damn observant and curious.

I swallow the lump in my throat, looking over at Vera for help. She smirks and turns away. "Well, this guy that I know has a couple of my things so I need to go get it."

"What's his name?"

"Tris–" Vera shakes her head at me, shit, "Tristianna."

Tristianna?

Emmy pouts, "I can't say that name."

Vera picks up our daughter, placing her on her lap. "Good, you'd be better off not learning it."

She puts the colorful two-piece bathing suit on Emmy and I want to yank it off of my little girl and throw it in the garbage. Who the fuck made two-piece bathing suits for children? They're trying to give us dads heart attacks and strokes.

"Why can't she wear this?" I whine holding up the one-piece with blue clouds on them.

Emmy and Vera look over at me wearing identical expressions, and it scares me. Sometimes. I mean I'm glad our baby looks just as beautiful as Vera but goddamn when they both stare at me with a mean mug, it makes me wanna shit my damn pants.

"This one is cuter." Emmy and Vera say in sync. Vera then takes off her oversized shirt revealing the same pair of bathing suits. My eyes land on her the triangle material covering her breasts. Fuck me, this is no time to get hard. "And we match." Vera includes.

I think I'm gonna pass out.

Emmy leans back on Vera's chest and my heart melts.

"Emmy?"

"Daddy?"

My eyes don't move from Vera as I say, "Can you go downstairs and find me some chocolate?"

Emmy jumps up happily, running out of the room, and once she's out I tackle Vera like a wild animal, starving for its prey. "Oompf, ow Soren, my boobs." She lifts her hand to caress them.

I stop her, kissing her breasts through the material of her two-piece. I find the nipple and suck. She looks down at me in faux disbelief, "How dare you trick our daughter just to attack my boobs."

"You like it."

She crosses, "I'm starting to think you only love me because of my boobs."

I grin, "Nu-uh." I move my arm down, grabbing a handful of her ass. "This too."