chapter 23

S O R E N
P R E S E N T  D A Y

"Mommy said you can sleep over tonight!" Emmy, my little girl is completely covered in all the different colors of paint from head to toe.

The blue paint was splattered all over the tops of her head. She decided to paint her face a yellow color so she can look like the sun. Her entire body was covered in purple because she decided halfway on becoming the sun that she wanted to look like Barney the purple dinosaur.

Her mother is going to kill me.

Vera let me stay with Emmy by myself while she did some paperwork that she needs to turn in.

Right now, I'm feeding her pizza and some mac and cheese for dinner. She is sipping on her little juice box, occasionally passing it over to me so I can take a sip.

I prefer orange juice but I'll do anything she tells me to do.

"Mommy usually scratches my back, but I want you to do it. Kay?"

She looks up at me with those adorable round eyes, the green balls always reminding me of her mom. "Of course princess."

She beams before going back to eating. We don't let her play games on any devices while she sits at the table so she's sitting on the bench, her legs moving back and forth as she hums the alphabet.

She can easily entertain herself in any situation. She's super creative and has the wildest imaginations. I've spent most of my time with her listening to stories she made up in her small head.

Honestly, they're super entertaining. There's are always stories involving dinosaurs, fairies, pets, vampires, and werewolves.

"Oh, sweet baby Jesus."

Vera's voice brings me out of my thoughts. She's standing by the kitchen entrance, her eyes wide as she stares at our daughter.

"Hi, mommy!" Emmy hops off the bench and runs towards her mother. She tries to claw her way up Vera's body. Vera picks her up and examines Emmy from head to toe.

She clears her throat, "Wow, you got a little bit creative today."

"Yah, I'm Barney mixed with the sun mixed with a smurf."

Vera nods, "Uh-huh I can see that."

I'd usually apologize whenever Emmy makes a mess but Vera has continuously told me not to. She reminded me that Emmy is only four years old so she's gonna be prone to making messes.

I've actually never seen Vera get mad anytime Emmy makes a mess. I thought she would but maybe that's because when I was growing up my dad would constantly yell at me if I made the tiniest mess.

I remember getting slammed into the wall when I was six after I spilled a bit of water onto the carpet.

I like how Vera is raising our daughter, letting her make messes, having fun, and being free. It's what I would've wanted for Emmy too.

Vera brings Emmy back to sit on the bench so she can finish her dinner. I am currently straddling the bench, one leg on each side. Vera sits in front of me, bumping her ass into my crotch. I bit back my groan and she knows. She looks over her shoulder with a small smirk.

For the past couple of days, she's been touching me a lot more. I mean I can't keep my hands off her either, but I'm keeping it minimal.

Well, I'm trying to keep it minimal. My body moves on its own, my hands moving underneath the waistband of her shorts. She stiffens and we both look over at Emmy who is using two pieces of macaroni and using them to fight each other. My finger grazes the band of her thong before I pull it up.