Part 38

Carina POV:

"Well, it's definitely not broken." Arizona said, showing me MJ's X-ray scans.

"Ok good, does it need to be bandaged or anything?" I asked her, relieved it wasn't broken.

"It's quite swollen still, so I'll put it in a loose bandage and you can redo it when the swelling goes down a bit, she may have trouble walking for the first day or so but she'll be fine with some pain meds." She said, typing into her iPad.

"Ok thank you, we would have been here for hours if it weren't for you." I said, running a hand through my hair.

"Yes, it's a good thing I was free. Trust me, 5 hours in the emergency room with sick toddlers everywhere is not my ideal morning." She said laughing.

We then went back to MJ and Arizona bandaged up her knee.

It was just after 1 pm now, so I thought I'd take her back into school for the remainder of the day.

Sammy had been very worried when we left, she had begged to come with us when I arrived at the school but everyone agreed that probably wasn't the best idea.

I knew she'd still be worried sick about her so seeing her sister would bring her lots of comfort.

"Do you want to go back to school?" I signed to MJ after Arizona was done ugh the bandage.

She nodded nervously, I wouldn't have been surprised if she was worried about seeing the same boy that tripped her up.

*

We soon arrived at school and we walked into the receptionists office.

"Oh good afternoon carina and MJ, how was the hospital?" The receptionist asked, she was sitting with MJ when waiting for me to come.

"It was ok, her knee is not broken luckily." I said as she buzzed open the door for us.

"I'll take her to the classroom, I've been told to send you to the heads office as soon as I saw you, I think it's about what happened with her." She said, gesturing to MJ.

"Ok no problem, where is their office?" I asked her.

Although I was a grown adult, I still got nervous butterflies about being sent to the principals office, even though I had not done anything wrong.

"Go down that corridor and it the first door on the right." She said, pointing ti the corridor to the left of us.

"Ok, grazie." I said.

I then said goodbye to MJ before going to find the office.

As I approached I could hear lots of yelling coming from the room.

I gave a small knock on the door, I didn't want to interrupt anything.

After a minute when no one replied I knocked again a bit harder.

"Come in." I heard a very stressed voice say.

I opened the door to see a woman sitting in a seat, looking as I had presumed very stressed and overall fed up, and opposite her a lady who was bright red from shouting.

I immediately recognised her and one of the main gossip moms.

"Ah miss DeLuca, so glad to see you." She said, inviting me in.