18!

'Time is the essence of a contract

'Time is the essence of a contract.' 

One of the first things she's learned as an intern last summer, a contract has an expiry date, a deadline, a closing date.

How could she be so foolish to forget about their agreement's deadline?

●・○・●・○・●

Waking up on an oddly empty bed with a lack of drool on her ankles, Jisoo was very much confused as to where the cute alien had hopped off to this early in the morning. The hazel haired was more of a morning sleeper and so it came off as a surprise that he was already up.

"Tae?"

No voice responded from inside the bathroom. Grabbing a hair tie from the bedside, the business major descended downstairs while tying her hair, her thoughts full of questions and screenshots of a certain strawberry boy. 

Entering the living, a normal view of the open kitchen was distorted with mysterious black smudges on its ivory pillar accompanied by her counter looking like a weekly market stall with all the stale fruits and bottles of syrups spread out. Her legs stopped as her brain went haywire at the disaster in front.

"A plate of um black pancakes with strawberry yogurt and honey on top, with a side plate of kisses~" His voice threw her off guard, Taehyung's smiley face coming into view next. There were yogurt stains on his black button up, which you couldn't really tell was a stain because of how he had custom designed that plain shirt with his own doodles and stickers. 

Seeing his human stare at him, the extra terrestrial sub consciously started running his hand over his hair in order to overcome the shyness radiating in him. Jisoo immediately noticed the action and put a stop to her gawking, quickly averting her eyes to random spots in the kitchen and awkwardly standing beside the pillar.

"Um what were you-uh why did you make breakfast and all, I could've done it in a, you know much neater-"

"Yes yes I know that, but I-" looking up at him due to the hesitation in his voice, Jisoo's eyes widened with concern. There was a glint of what she'd never viewed in his deep eyes : sadness.

"But I- I just wanted to. Can't I even make some pretty breakfast for a pretty person?" Taehyung's usual bubbly tone was back and so was it back on his facial features. It still didn't stop the human from feeling worry brewing in her gut, something was definitely off.

"Taehyung, is something wrong?" The alien shook his head vigorously, his smile never seeming to falter. But his eyes appeared reluctant.

"I have a lot planned for today, hurry with the gobbling pancakes process and- and then we have to get ready and pack some baskets for our main event : tiktik!" The hazel haired rambled in a hurry, almost as if to distract her from his earlier break in character. Thankfully, his poor pronunciation skills helped to shift her focus from it.