Chapter 1 - Speck of Dust

A/N: 
- Featuring "Lost Stars" by Maroon 5
- Credits to "黒Yatori" from Pixiv who owns the image

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

[Miku's POV]

"Alright, we'll just wait for around twenty minutes then we'll check if it's cooked," Nino remarked while removing the mittens from her hands.

"Okay, I'll check it for you so you can do the other dishes."

"Thanks, Miku. With you improving your cooking skills, it just gets easier around the house."

"Yeah... Thanks, Nino..." I gave a faint smile.

It's late winter and a lot of things happened ever since the Sunrise festival. Everyone seemed like they already have their own goals to reach for. Fuutarou ended up choosing Yotsuba and their relationship is looking better every day. It was difficult for some of us at first but we all know that moving on would be the only way.

Ichika already has a partner even way before the Sunrise festival while Nino seemed to be happier than before. I'm already sure why that's the case because I've already been with him when he was looking for Nino before; he even calls me miss headphones before, for some reason. And now, it looks like some sort of development is happening between them. It was a hunch at first but every time I try to tease Nino about it, she always gives an obvious reaction.

Itsuki on the other hand is focused on her studies. And today, we're all waiting for her to come home and tell us what the results of her entrance examinations are.

All of them seemed to be looking forward to what the future holds for them but as for me, I'm just planning to do whatever life throws in my way.

I'm already set to attend classes at a technical school so I can improve my cooking since it's something I found that I love doing. My father and sisters were okay with my decision about not going to any university which made my situation even better.

But sometimes, I can't help but think.

What if I found that someone too?

I'm not really the best there is when it comes to love. It was even difficult for me back then to fully express how I feel to the person I like. I had the chance to confess before but my love for my sisters weighed more. I tried to improve myself every day and even told Ichika last summer that I don't want to be a shrinking violet my whole life.

I said all that but somehow, I feel like, I haven't changed that much. I guess it's because I haven't had any chance to try it again. Maybe then, I'll know...

As preparations were happening, someone opened the door. When the person came in, my eyes lit up when I saw who it was.

"Ichika!" I exclaimed.

"You're finally here. Can you help us out?" Nino handed the banner to Ichika.

Ichika smiled at her and exclaimed "Sure thing! Where's Yotsuba?"

"I'm here!" Yotsuba replied while setting up the table.

After Ichika arrived, we all tried to finish what we were doing as fast as we can since Itsuki is about to arrive any time soon. While we were setting up, I asked Ichika who was helping me take out the roasted chicken from the oven.

"S—so..." I hesitantly asked.

Ichika looked at me wondering what I'm trying to say.

"It must be nice..." I added while we put the chicken on the counter.