Chapter 5 - A Chance

- Featuring "Yellow"  cover by Amber Leigh Irish(Original by Coldplay)

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Morning arrived and I woke up to the smell of fried rice getting into my nose; completely forgetting the pain in my head and chest after getting into trouble last night. I slowly tried to get up to see where the cooking is coming from, and I saw Miku in front of the fancy-looking stove they have.

I've already been able to spend the night at their home but it's just now sinking in that her life is miles away from mine. The walls are clean, the floor looks like it's made out of marble, and everything basically looks expensive. I'm a bit surprised now that this is the way her life is, due to how simple Miku looks. Though I don't have any problems with it nor I should have one.

"G—good morning, Kanae..." She greeted me with a surprised tone while placing the plate on the table.

"Good morning, Miku. Sorry if I had to wake up later than you..." I replied with a faint voice.

"What do you mean? I wasn't expecting you to wake up right away, considering what happened with you last night..."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that... Really..."

She just smiled at me with her eyes closed and said, "That's okay. What's important is that you're fine now. But are you feeling better?"

"I certainly am. Thank you for taking care of me last night..." I stood up and tried to head towards the dining chair so I can take a seat.

I noticed her not saying anything so I had to ask, "Are you alright?"

"Hmm? Y—yeah, I'm okay. Here, I hope it tastes okay." She uttered while placing the plate on my side of the table.

"Oh, thank you... I don't know how to repay you for your kindness..."

"I—it's okay... I wanted to cook for you anyways so don't worry about it..."

"But still... Thank you."

"You're welcome. Let me wake my sister up. You can go ahead and eat."

"I'll just wait for you."

Again, she wasn't able to say anything for a couple of seconds then finally replied, "O—okay..."

I noticed her going up the stairs and headed over to one of the doors. Minutes later, I saw her going down with her sister who was still scratching her eyes.

I stood up from my seat and bowed my head after they got near the table. "G—good morning. I'm sorry for suddenly barging in at your house last night..."

"Oh, sure. It's okay. I was just really surprised that's all. Don't worry about it. And please, you don't have to bow your head."

"I—I understand..." We all took a seat, with Miku beside me and her sister in front of us.

Miku also gave her the plate and it looks a bit more than the two of us have. I wouldn't want to point it out though because I know that would be rude. I guess that's just how she shows how she cares about her.

"I'm Kanae Hotaka. Thank you again for last night." I tried to start a conversation while the three of us were eating breakfast.

"Nice to properly meet you, Hotaka-san. I'm Itsuki. And if it's not obvious enough, I'm Miku's sister."