Chapter 3 - Fated Rhythms

Credits to"秋瀬ウタ" from Pixiv for the chapter cover
Featuring Unwell by Taylor Acorn
-
 I highly recommend that you listen to the music when it comes to play(Just like every chapters on this story.) 

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

[Kanae's POV]

"Are you free after your shift?"

A question I didn't expect from someone who was having a hard time holding a conversation earlier. I can't say I'm someone who's better though. She looked like she was thinking long and hard about it and I'm not an insensitive person who would just brush off someone who took the effort for me.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't be out until an hour. Are you okay with that?"

The anxiousness on her face switched into excitement when I asked her. I'm not entirely sure what the fuss is about but I'll go with it.

"Y—yes...! I'm alright with that. I'll just wait outside."

"Sure, there are seats outside so feel free to use them."

She wasn't kidding when she said she'll wait because when my shift was done, I saw her waiting. She was just looking at her phone with headphones on her head which looks like she was watching something.

I tried to take a seat beside her and when she noticed, she anxiously removed her headphones.

"Oh, you're already there. Sorry."

"Hmm? There's no need to apologize. If anything, I should be the one to apologize for making you wait that long."

"T—that's alright. I was the one to ask anyways."

"Okay," I replied as I tried to light up a cigar so I could clear my mind.

I puffed out some smoke but I noticed her coughing so I had to discreetly put it out instead.

"Sorry about that," I remarked as I threw the cigarette stick into the bin.

"No, it's okay. It's just that I'm not used to it. I don't smoke nor be near someone who does."

"Is that so? Alright. Anyways, is there something you want to talk about?"

She wasn't able to reply right away and she looked as if she was thinking about what she was about to say.

"I just thought that you have a great singing voice... I'm a fan of your talent..."

"I appreciate that. It's not like I hear that kind of thing every day."

"Yeah..."

"I guess, you like listening to music?" I asked so I can somehow sound engaging and at least make up for the time she waited.

"Yes, I love listening to music. And when I stumbled upon your videos, I was hooked on how good you sing. I was amazed at how much emotion you put into it."

"Never thought I'd hear that from someone I just met."

"Thank you." I don't really know what else to say.

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you or weirded you out by going here all of a sudden and asking you to talk to me after your work."

"It's fine. It's not like I mind."