Chapter 2 - Courage

A/N:
- Featuring "Crazier" cover by Arthur Miguel
- Credits to "Tinya" from Pixiv for the chapter image

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

[Miku's POV]

♫♫♫
"I've watched from a distance as you
Made life your own
every sky was your own kind of blue
and I wanted to know"

♫♫♫
"How that would feel
And you made it so real"

I was smiling while listening to Sky's cover. It's been a while ever since I heard him the first time. I have been listening to him and I can't help but be filled with positive emotions when I hear his voice. I guess this is just plain admiration?

I haven't been able to get this excited for some time now and I've always looked forward if he will be able to upload new videos. I've been so caught up in the middle of my thoughts that I haven't even noticed that Nino was already inside my room.

I immediately put my phone down and remove my headphones. "N—Nino...? What are you doing? You didn't even knock..." I stuttered and protested as if I was just caught red-handed even though I didn't do anything wrong.

"I did knock, but you didn't answer." She replied.

"Maybe she actually did...?" I mused. "Okay... What do you need?"

"What were you doing?" She wondered looking very curious and I tried my best to think of what I should reply.

"I—I was just listening to some music... Why...?"

She looked excited but tried to hide it then uttered, "Ichika called me saying that she needs help with her cooking."

"I see... I'm okay with that."

"Good. I'm also bringing Misako-chan with us."

"Your boyfriend's sister?" I teased.

She wasn't able to reply right away. It's always been this way every time I tease her about Takeji. Even though she doesn't answer directly nor deny it, I already have a hunch that they're already dating. She's already too obvious when it comes to him.

After a couple of seconds, she was able to reply,

"How did you..."

"It's obvious... You're always smiling and looking at your phone... Even when we're looking at recipes on the internet, it looks like you're looking at messages..."

"Fine! You're right!" She protested.

"I knew it...!" I can't contain my smile as if I won a prize.

We both smiled at each other but her face gradually transitioned to a worried one.

"But... Can you like... Can you keep it a secret in the meantime? I promise I'll tell the others..."

"Sure... But I'm sure they'll find out soon... Especially Ichika..."

"I know that... But I'll tell her soon..."

I just shrugged my shoulders and remarked, "If you say so..."

The next day arrived and I woke up earlier than the rest of them. I thought that it would be nice to be the one to prepare the breakfast for the four of us since I don't want Nino to shoulder all the cooking in the household. While I was preparing breakfast, I noticed Yotsuba going downstairs.