Chapter Twenty Two| All a mistake...

Everything only got worse throughout the night. My bed shifted and the feeling of another body moving had me open my eyes to see Lucas getting dressed. I looked at the digital clock that sat on my nightstand and saw how late it was. And now he was going to leave without saying anything too me. "What do you think you are doing?"

The words that escaped my mouth surprised me. I watched as his head turned slowly in the dark room. I reached over and turned on my lamp, giving the room some light. His eyes met mine and I matched them as he stood straighter.

"Answer me Lucas."

Silent. I shifted on the bed, crossing my legs over each other as he stared at me still. He swallowed as his eyes started to wonder my body. I looked down to see that I was in a sport bra and underwear, showing off everything else.

"I was leaving," he finally said, my eyes narrowing again at him.

"Hell you are! Is this how you are with every girl you sleep with? You flash them a gorgeous smile and they fall on their knees for you?" I was angry as he stood there half way across the room. He opened his mouth bud closed if immediately. "Honestly how stupid was I to let you have sex with me!"

"Valerie, I was just leaving it's not a big deal really," he assured but I jumped up from my bed storming towards him.

"Not a big deal? We just had sex and you were going to leave like nothing happened and then go humiliate me at school again! So, sorry for at least having respect about myself unlike those bitches you fuck." I was too angry to even think anymore. He stood there while I stood about two feet in front of him. My chest moved up and down, and I was 100% sure that steam was coming out of me. "Leave then," I huffed out.

He didn't move, but only looked down at his feet. My eyes stayed on him till I walked to the bedroom door opening it and facing him again. "You can leave through the front. Goodbye."

Lucas didn't move. I stood at the door watching him as he continued to stare at the ground. It took everything in me not to ask what's wrong, he didn't deserve my pity. "Leave, please."

He snapped out of it, wiping his face which was now turning red. What happened? I grabbed his arm as he passed me, but he yanked it back only giving me the side eye. I watched as he walked down the stairs and hearing the door open then close.

I closed my door and moving back to my bed, and laying down. A loud sound shot through the air having me snap up and look through my blinds. My eyes searched the dark sky and soon lowered to the ground to see Lucas sitting on the curb, trash cans knocked over. His head was in his hands, back shaking.

My hands grabbed onto a sweatshirt slipping it on, I reached for sweats.

Cold air hit my skin having me warp my arms around me, trying to savor any heat. Lucas sat on the curb, head was hanging while his hands sat in his lap. I approached slowly still a few feet away when I cleared my throat. I watched as his head snapped up and his eyes narrows at me.

"Go back inside Valerie," he snapped turning his head away. I kept my position waiting for him to say something or move. The wind whipped against us, bringing my arms closer around my bod.

"I want to know what's going on with you," I demanded taking a step closer.

"Go inside."

He went silent, slowly bringing his eyes towards to mine. "What is going on Lucas?" My voice was low and barely a whisper. I took a step towards him before sitting down next to him. I watched as his shoulders started to shake, tears flowing down his cheeks. I scoffed closer to him only having him go farther away. "Lucas-"

"No Valerie! You can't tell me to leave and then when I am on the edge, then you care." Anger laced his voice. My eyes wandered his face trying to think. My mouth opened but I closed it when meeting his fiery eyes. "It can't go one way, maybe this night was a mistake," he mumbled having me suck myself breath in.

"A mistake? I see how you are, picking up girls just to throw them away after they give you some satisfaction." My eyes narrows even more than his already were, eyebrows furrowed. "Fine, I wanted to help you but obviously I can't."

I rose up from the curb walking back to my warm house. Tears sat in my eyes as I tried pushing them back but they started to fall down my face. I brushed them off trying to advert my mind to something else. The door shut behind me, pressing my back to it and sinking slowly to the floor.

Maybe it was a mistake.

He came to me, and was so certain he wanted it, but the more I think about it the more I wish time could restart.

I rested my head on the door, wanting to go back out there and scream at him bud cry at the same time. A pattern is staring to form when I am around him. My heart has its own mind if I am close to him. I want to kiss him, smack him, scream at him, and cry. It makes no sense.

~

Time passed and I still sat on the floor, pressed against the door. My chest went up and down from my heavy breathing having me sigh. I stood up from the floor, shuffling up the stairs my mind racing with thoughts.

Was it a mistake?

He seemed like it was and at this point that is what I will have to agree with.

It was all a mistake.

hey loves! sorry for the late update!

<3