Chapter Twenty Four| Taking control...

*mature content*

     Everything slowed down around me, Lucas's hands cupped my face as I panted. I couldn't find something to focus on while the world started to spin. "Valerie are you okay?" Lucas asked, his voice having my mind slow down. My mouth went dry as I blinked, eyes shut for a second before opening them to meet his eyes.

"Not really," I panted noticing we had backed up into a wall and people were watching us as they continued to walk around. "Can we go? Please," I pleaded my hands gripping his arms. He said nothing but grabbed my hand and led us back the way we came. I started fumbling over my feet as he continued to pull me.

His fingers were interlocked with mine, I studied our hands as we continued to walk back to the car. My lips were parted slightly in awe. "Valerie you have to keep up," he called over his shoulder. My mind ignored him as we made it to the car, his eyes looking straight into mine. "What happened?" He asked, having me quickly remember what had happened moments ago.

"Not here," I muttered running my hands down my face. He huffed but said nothing more as we got into the car. Every time I closed my eyes I saw him. My father. But he wasn't here, he couldn't be. "Can we please go?" I asked as a quick nod was given by him.

"Will you tell me what happened?" He asked quickly, backing up and doing driving away. I wanted to tell him, but was I brave enough to?

"Maybe," I replied only to be welcomed by silence. "I don't want to think about it right now," I added while he turned to look at me.

"I am not going to push you to say anything." He turned back to face the road raising the volume on the music, allowing me to feel an escape. Lucas drove silently with one hand on the wheel and the other resting on his leg. My eyes wandered over his body. "Staring won't achieve anything," he spoke my eyes shooting back to the road.

A small laugh could be heard from him while I slouched in my chair. The windows rolled down allowing the wind to blow through the car. My hair blew slightly but a pair of eyes started to burn through my head. "Stop staring you creep," I joked as I turned my own body to see him still staring. "The more you stare I will start thinking you have a crush on me."

He said nothing but gulped having me furrow my eyebrows. All of a sudden we pulled to the side of the road having me look around. I watched as he jumped out of the car and began to pace outside. My hand went to the handle of the door before swinging it open and getting out. "Lucas?"

"Get back in the car Valerie," he called back when he noticed I was out with him.

"No. You are the one who pulled over randomly and now telling me to get back into the car when it should really be you," I responded feeling anger starting to rise. "So let's get back in the car and actually go home."

He shook his head while walking towards me. "Get in the fucking car, please."

I laughed while looking down at the ground. "You are fucking crazy! One moment you are sincere and nice and then you flip a switch and realize that you are with me. Am I that bad to be with?" I asked snapping my head up. "Tell me Lucas! Because I am all ears on why the sudden mood change."

He looked at the ground before taking another step towards me, grabbing my the back of my head and our lips meeting. "Shut the fuck up Valerie," he muttered while I was in shock. My body took over and wrapped my arms around him, bringing his lips closer to mine. His mouth moved to my neck having me grab his head and have him look at me, his mouth was parted and eyes locked on mine.