01

"Why did you make me wear this?" I whined as I pulled my dress down again, but doing so made more cleavage show. Definitely not letting Jess pick out my outfit ever again. I love her, but she's a bit much sometimes. It was only a party in a clearing, I did not see why we had to get all dressed up.

"Because we have to look our best, it is extremely secluded."

You're telling me. We have been walking forever it seems, having to park the car down the road in the grass.

"Only select people get invited to these parties, and we only got invited because Garret is friends with them."

"You are still fucking Garret? Haven't we talked about how he's bad for you Jess? All he does is play with your emotions."

I loved Jess, but her choice in men, no her choice in a man made me question how she had a 3.897 GPA. Garret has been playing with her feelings ever since senior year of high school. Fast forward five years and she is still letting the jackass use her body for his own pleasure and leaving her. Then he'll come back a few days later after getting with some rando in a club and claims he 'loves' her and that he 'wont do it again' and that the other girls 'meant nothing,' she's the 'only one for him,' blah blah blah. He was full of shit, and everytime she let him weasel his way back into her life and heart.

"Fay," she sighed, coming to a halt. "I know you don't like the way he treats me, but when you are in love you will know that some things are just out of your control and you can't explain why you keep being pulled to something you hate and its terrible for you," she took a deep breath. Her hazel eyes had a dreamy look in them as she looked up at the bright blue sky with a few harmless clouds. "But, you are pulled for no reason and no matter how many times it hurts you," her eyebrows drew together, "you can't seem to tell yourself no and to walk away because the good, as tiny as it may be, is better than the pain."

Noticing her eyes were watering I held back my remark; "Carbs are not good for us either and make us feel terrible but if it made us feel like shit enough and gain a bunch of weight I'm sure we would limit ourselves."

"Jess, you know I only want what's best for you. I hate seeing you in a depressed state all the time because of that jackass." We started walking again, but at a much slower pace than we were originally at.

"I know you do."

Silence hung in the air for a few more minutes until we could faintly hear music playing.

"Okay, Fay." Jess gripped my shoulders, looking me dead in my hazel eyes. "Tonight, relax and have fun. I know I will be and before you say anything," she held a French-tip finger in my face. "Not even Garret will get me down. I will have fun with or without him so you have fun too. Don't worry about how you look, because you look amazing with all your curves and love handles. Now, lets go show these boys a good time shall we?"

Seeing her smile like nothing would deter her mood made an infectious smile grow on my face as she dragged me the rest of the way to the party.