03

A/N: This chapter has description of gore and violence. Read at your own risk.

__________

Looking around frantically in the direction of the scream I see there are multiple people by the forest line. All seem to be really tall, but one of them has blood all over his hands as the person lays dead with their stomach ripped out, spilling out around them.

Once everyone realized what happened everyone broke out into a panic, this seemed to make those along the treeline mad as they started attacking more people.

My heart was beating out of my chest. This couldn't be real.

Frantically looking around I don't see Jess. I hope she was safe. Running to the other side of the clearing I notice some of them have moved over to the woods where we had come in. How did they move so fast?

One of them had someone raised up by the throat with a smile on their face as they teared at the others chest with their sharp nails. Blood was getting all over him as he proceeded to take out their heart with his bare hand. Others were biting people in the throat or tearing them apart with their teeth getting blood everywhere. They were merciless monsters.

I was screwed.

I turned around and saw something I believed to only be in fables, myths, fairy tales, and fiction. Right before my eyes a few of them turned into wolves and ran into the woods. They were huge and were all different colors and sizes. How was that even possible?

Glancing to my left I make eye contact with one of them. He seemed to be the tallest of them all, with dark brown hair that just reached his eyes. My breathing picked up as he started advancing towards me, his gaze never leaving me.

Thinking quickly I ran towards the dancefloor and dropped to the ground as people were being slayed there. Hiding between the dead bodies my eyes teared up as I noticed the blood and flesh around me from those who were killed and my breathing picked up. I felt like I was choking. I wanted to gag from the smell and sight. Calming down my breathing as to blend in with the dead bodies, and not to gag, I took a glance around. Then, I pressed my cheek against the makeshift wooden dance floor and prayed the dead bodies would cover my scent once I caught sight of the guy who was advancing towards me, sniffing the air.

This was like something out of a fairy-tale, a horror fairy-tale. I always thought they were myths, but I saw them with my own two eyes as they slayed everyone around me.

I hoped they could not hear my heart that was racing like the buffalo in the Lion King, or smell my fear. I did not know their senses, but I had seen what they were capable of. From stories have read or watched I knew that they could probably hear my heart and breathing despite the music still playing and the people screaming.

I hope they leave me soon. I don't want to die.

I don't know how long I stayed barely breathing with my eyes closed, but I could not hear anyone screaming or running. Waiting a few more seconds I slowly opened my eyes to see a pair of shoes at my feet. I was stunned. Slowly I dragged my gaze up from the crouching figure to see the dark haired guy squatting in front of me.

He had a gentle smile on his face as he reached a hand down towards my cheek. This is it, I'm going to die. He's going to snap my neck like in one of the Twilight movies. Panic welled up in my chest, my breathing accelerated as tears welled up in my eyes.

I quickly tried to move away from him, but my hand slipped on the blood and insides of those around me causing me to fall back.

A concerned look crossed his auburn eyes as he moved closer to me, reaching out again with his hand.