02

When we got to the clearing I was amazed. It was not filled with garbage or a bunch of people like I had originally thought it would be. There were tables and coolers lined up with snacks and drinks. White fairy lights hung on the trees connected to a generator you could faintly hear over the music playing at the 'DJ' station-a tiny table with a computer and huge speakers on either side of it blasting music. There seemed to be a clipboard where I assumed you could request a song. In the middle of the clearing was a square plank platform that people were dancing on. In all it seemed like a nice place to gather and it did not seem like anyone was drunk, yet.

"Isn't it amazing Fay?" Jess asked as she pulled me further into the clearing.

"It is."

"Come, lets dance!" She dragged me towards the platform.

"Jess, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?" her brows furrowed.

"Jess, you know I can't dance." I'm too big to dance and look good while doing so.

"Faydralik," Jess scolded me, like she knew what I was thinking. "Get those thoughts out of your mind right now. You are beautiful. Your curves are nothing to be ashamed of."

While she did not usually scare me, the look in her eyes sent a shiver down my spine. She was fun in games, but when she was devoted to something she was all serious and if you were arguing with her you would most likely lose.

I meekly nodded my head as we joined the dance floor.

After a few songs Jess had males surrounding her wanting to dance with her. I was thirsty so I left her to have her fun, there was no reason for me to bring her mood down- and it's not like I was leaving the party or completely ditching her. I mean I was ditching her, but to go to the table with drinks and to see what snacks they have.

Grabbing a water bottle I browsed the selection of food laid out before me. I grabbed a paper plate and started putting some fruits on with some Spicy Sweet Chili Dorito's. Standing off to the side of the tables I stood by the trees.

I have to admit this is a nice place, and it really is an invitation only party, there were only like fifty people here. I thought it would be packed and crazy, but it's pretty laid back.

I was almost done with my snacks when someone came up to me from the side, startling me.

"Aye, Evans," Garret called out to me. "Why do you look like you're not having fun?" He held a smirk on his face with a mischievous look in his eyes. I did not want to deal with him today.

"I am enjoying myself." Hopefully answers that are short and sweet will lure him away from me.

"But are you really enjoying yourself? And enjoying yourself is not having fun. Come on Fay, let loose a little," he shimmied his shoulders, lightly bumping into mine.

"No thanks."

"I knew letting you come would ruin the mood, and leave everyone else with no food left to eat." His once playful face was now one of stone.

Why did Jess keep fucking this arrogant asshole again?

"Oh fuck off," I scoffed and threw my plate out as I walked away from him.

I know I did not eat much of the food, but Garret still got to me with that comment. I am a bigger girl, but it's mainly based on my genetics. My Mama has always had us eat healthy but we were still big boned. She always tells me I shouldn't be ashamed of my heritage, but I can't help but be envious of the other people with skinny waists, tiny boobs, and little butts. I knew I was pretty, but I knew with changes to my body and ethnicity that I would be gorgeous.