06

Kiashori

Once we reached my house, technically our house, I set her in my bed. She seemed to be breathing just fine now. Looking down at her I stroked her cheek. She looked so precious when she was sleeping.

Carefully I removed her heels. I wanted to put her in comfier clothes but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not without her permission I wasn't going to change her clothing. Sighing, I went over to my dresser and got out a t-shirt that I knew would look cute on her, and a pair of sweatpants. I set them on the nightstand that was on the side of the bed I set her on. I will need to see which side she prefers and if she wants to change anything about the room. I grabbed a piece of paper from my nightstand and wrote her a note, just in case she woke up when I was gone. While it was late, I needed to take care of some things first. Hopefully I can get everything set up to where I can be home with her for a few days, or at least not be at the pack house dealing with everything.

I set the note on top of the clothes and looked back down at her. I will need to get some products for her.

'Sebastian, can you grab Luceille and tell her to bring a bunch of feminine products and hair products to my house?'

'Why? Is it because she's black? Do you not know what she will need white boy?' he joked, I think.

'No I don't know what products she might need in the meantime before we can go shopping for what she might like.'

'Luceille said she would do it, although she is wondering why you need the stuff.'

'Thank you Seb, and she will find out soon enough. I will meet you at the pack house in thirty minuets, okay?'

'See you then Kia.'

_*_

Once Luceille dropped off the basket of products, leaving unhappy since I wouldn't give her any information, I placed the stuff in the basket on the bathroom counter and under the sink. I grabbed a water bottle and put it on her nightstand, added the information about the products to the note.

Sighing, I closed the door to my room and headed over to the packhouse.

Once there I went to my office. Sebastian and three others were waiting there to let me know how things went since I got distracted by my mate.

"Okay, first things first. Were we able to kill the vampires there?" I asked.

Sebastian hesitated before he began to talk, I was probably not going to like what he was going to tell me.

"It is all cleaned up, Henry can fill you in on the rest there. Yes, we were able to kill quite a few of them, a few of Andre's friends as well. But he was able to get away, as were a few others."

Upon hearing that Andre got away my anger and annoyance spiked. While I couldn't help them in the attack, they still should have been fine to handle this on their own without me.

"I thought I told you guys to focus on Andre, his friends, and the other vampires as our top priority?"

"And we did," Sebastian strongly said. "But Andre and a few of his friends were not there when we got there and they had not exited into the forest. And before you say anything, yes we did check the trees and they were not hiding in them or jumping from tree to tree like a squirrel."

"Fuck!" I yelled, slamming my hand on the desk. I brought my hand up to my face, rubbing my chin.

There wasn't much else I could do about this. Hopefully Andre stays quiet about this whole ordeal. I mean he has to be, he goes to the council he will be punished or killed for all the treaties and rules he refuses to follow. Even if he was to send one of his friends it would not bode over well for him. I know Andre, and he plays by anything other than the rules. He plays dirty.

"Okay," I breathed out. "Here is what we are going to do. I want someone to keep an ear out about the council and who talks to them. While Andre probably won't tell them, there is still a chance he will play it that way if things seem to be in his favor. But I want extra people on patrol. Just tell them it's for extra security." Which it would be, especially when I tell them I have found my mate they will be ecstatic. "I want more patrol routes through and around the clearing as well. Also, I want a few trackers to go around the clearing and see if they can pick anything up."

They all nodded their heads. "Good. Henry, I want you to stay. You guys are dismissed."

Once they left the room I nodded my head towards Henry to take a seat in front of me. "I know it's late, but I want you to brief me on the cleaning. Also, I need some advice about how to deal with someone having a panic attack. Since I know your daughter has really bad anxiety and has the attacks, I know you will be able to tell me from a personal level what to do than a professional one I would get from the pack doctors."

"You got it Alpha." And with that I stayed till the sun rose in the morning at work, having fallen asleep a little after Henry left after giving me the information I required about the cleanup and about the attacks. Hopefully, I will be able to get most of my work done for the next few days.

Hopefully my mate is okay, and is sleeping well. I know I would have slept so well next to her.

________