Chapter 3 - The Plan

TW: cursing (the "h" word), slight mention of suicide (Basically a Romeo and Juliet reference iykyk), & a injury (forehead cut)

A/N: forgot to post this chapter omg sorry y'all :') next chapter coming out in a few!

~

Alberto's POV:
I can't believe I said that. The words just came out of my mouth before my mind had time to process: I like Luca. Telling her this was both easy and harder than telling her that I'm gay.

I turned my head away when I told her I had a crush on Luca, and when I looked back to her, her mouth was wide open. What's that saying, her jaw fell on the floor? I actually think it would've if it wasn't connected to her skull. Her eyes widened in shock as well, and she kept still.

"Um, Giulia? You there?"

Silence followed. Was she in shock or something? Well, I don't blame her; imagine finding out that your adoptive brother likes your friend who went away to school with you.

I tapped her on her shoulder lightly at first, but when she didn't react, I shook her enough for her to snap out of whatever trance she was in.

"Ugh! What was that for?!"

"You didn't acknowledge me when I tapped your shoulder." I responded with a hint of annoyance in my tone. Was the news really that bad or something?

"Sorry man, but, you like Luca? Like you like like him?" she questioned. "Yes I'm serious, Giulia. The moment we won the Portorosso Cup was when I realized I loved him-" I was quickly cut off by the sound of Giulia gasping loudly. "Wait, did you say LOVE?" she asked as her expression morphed into a gleeful look.

"Uh- I um- did I, say that?" was all I managed to say in response. I mean it is true that I love him, but to have someone else know that I do seems a little embarrassing. Ugh, this is getting complicated. I need to deter this conversation to what I needed to ask of her.

"A-anyways, I need your help with something." With this, she calmed down a bit. "Of course! What is it bro."

"Well, I plan on telling him how I feel today, and I was hoping if you could, you know, help me out with planning and setting it up?"

Not even a second passed when she cheerfully exclaimed, "YES! I'LL BE YOUR WINGWOMAN!" She definitely showed more excitement than me, that's for sure. But on the inside, I was just as happy.

"Alrighty! So, what's the plan Romeo?"

"Romeo? Who's Romeo? Is he a friend of yours or, Luca's...?" I trailed off. Never heard of this guy's name before, Luca didn't mention his name either when we were walking to my house earlier. I was starting to feel a pang of jealousy rising. Who the hell is he and why'd she call me his name?"

"You don't know Romeo and Juliet?! Oh boy. In short terms, it's a play and movie that features Romeo, a guy who falls in love with Juliet, a girl who falls for him too. But their love is forbidden and they end up, well uh, offing themselves off...."

Giulia's POV:
Maybe I shouldn't have said that last part because I saw Alberto's expression turn into worry. What was I thinking? I probably got him scared out of his mind. Stupida, stupida, stupida!

Alberto obviously was taken aback from what he just heard. I'd be too to be honest. Maybe I shouldn't have said that last part.

"Well I- uh, I don't think that'll happen to us Giulia haha." he said with nervous laughter, putting his arm behind in his neck.

Yeah, I should lighten the mood a bit at least.

"Of course it won't dummy! That story isn't even real." I responded with encouragement. That seemed to do the trick. Now, onto what really matters.