Chapter 5 - Mini Me

Alberto's POV
"Alberto?" Luca said, with a confused look on his face.

"Luca? What are you doing here?" I questioned. I'm very glad to see him but taken aback that he just appeared out of nowhere.

"I was coming to see you, I went to your place but you weren't there. Giulia told me that you'd be around here." he answered.

I started to get anxious. "Wait, did Giulia say anything else?" I said as I remembered the conversation we had earlier. A conversation all about Luca.

His face went red and he looked at the floor. "Yes- I mean no- I mean not really." he blurted out.

Now it was my turn to get red.

"Well whatever it was, don't pay attention to it ahah, you know how much of a jokester she is!" I suggested.

"Yeah, I didn't think too much of it Al."

The mere mention of that version of my name was enough to make me forget what I was doing.

"So uh," he looked behind me then back at me, "what happened here?"

I turned around and saw the 3 kids close together, remembering that Marco needed help.

"The kids were playing hide and seek and, let's just say they were caught in a crazy way." I sneered as I made eye contact at the older brother. He looked down with embarrassment but I patted him on the head to make him feel better.

"I have to go and get the stuff to treat his cut, could you stay here and watch over them?"

"Sure! You can count on me." he proclaimed as he put his hand on his head and gave what I thought is a soldier salute. I chuckled and ran off to my house to get the first aid kit.

When I went fishing with Dad, I got hurt a lot. I'd scrape myself on the boat itself or when getting the fish underwater.

Obviously, I got a lot of small scars around my body, but I didn't mind since I thought they were pretty cool. They weren't noticeable from a distance, but if you got really close, then you could see them.

I finally made it to my house and got out my key to open it. When I was first given the key, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to use it. Took me a while to get the hang of it with Dad's help.

I unlocked the door quickly and slammed it behind me as I ran up to my room to fetch the first aid kit. Opening it, I rummaged through it to see if everything I needed was in here.

"Bandaids, cotton balls, disinfectant..., yep these will do!" I announced as I closed the lid.

Remembering what Luca said about Giulia, I left my room and knocked on her door.

The door flung open and I was greeted with a sleepy Giulia, who I think just woke up from a nap.

"Alberto, I was trying to sleep..," she said tiredly, "what are you doing back here? I sent Luca to you like 10 minutes ago."

I glared at her, "I'm here to talk about that. What did you say to him?" I crossed my arms, leaning closely to her.

She yawned loudly and stretched both her arms out. "What do you mean? I said nothing to him."

"Don't play dumb with me, he told me that you mentioned something funny." I scoffed now pointing my finger at her.

"Ohhhh....well I kind of gave him a teensy-weensy hint." she retorted back.

Of course she did. Lesson learnt: don't tell your sisters anything.

"What exactly did you say." I demanded, putting my arms down.