• 𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 •

Dementors. Fucking Dementors.

    I never had the "pleasure" of dealing with one myself, but Mama told me about them. About what it feels like to be in their presence, the happiness draining from your soul, and the feeling that it would never return as long as you live.

  But more importantly, she taught me how to deal with one.

  One dementor pinned Harry to the wall by his neck and another hovered over the Dursley boy. Harry had dropped his wand when he was attacked, so I cast a nonverbal spell which shot the wand into his hand.

  "EXPECTO PATRONUM" he shouted as a great white stag emerged from his wand and charged toward the dementors. They quickly flew away and I turned to Harry who had dropped to the ground, clutching his neck and gasping for air.

  I ran to him and helped him to stand. Asking him if he was alright. He simply nodded and whispered hoarsley, "Help Dudley."

  So that was his name? He's still and asshole. But he's an asshole who happened to be sprawled on the floor at the moment. So, reluctantly, I followed Harry to help him up.

  With one of his large arms over Harry's shoulders and another over mine, we turned to start back towards Privet Drive, but were met face to face with Mrs. Figg.

  Once we were closer to the Dursleys, Mrs. Figg started to exchange words with Harry. I guess he didn't know Mrs. Figg was a witch? Ok?

  "Now get inside and stay there, dear. I'm sure someone will be in touch soon." she then turned to me

  "I'm afraid that means you too, Legacy. It's too dangerous. I talked to your mother and she's alright with it so all your things are in Harry's bedroom. I suspect Dumbledore should send for you both soon. But for now, go with Harry where its safe."

  After I put my wet hair back up so it wasn't plastered to my face, I embraced her and helped Harry drag Dudley into their house.

  As we entered the Dursley living room and Mrs. Dursley took notice of her - to put it bluntly - fucked up son, she clamped her hand over her mouth as she ran for Mr. Dursley. With both of them freaking out, they swarmed their son asking him question after question.

  "Who did this to you boy?" Mr. Dursley questioned. I guess Dudley was coherent enough to hear him because he immediately blamed Harry. Pointing a shaking finger right at him. Asshole.

  "Happy now? You've finally done it. You've finally driven him mad!" he screamed, Harry flinched.

'Yeah that's not ok. At. All ' I thought as I watched the argument unfold. I didn't think it was my place to speak up though.

  "Vernon!" Mrs. Dursley scolded her husband. Of coure she wasn't scolding him for yelling at Harry, making him flinch, no of course not. Why would she? No, she was scolding him for insinuating that there was something wrong with their son, who was curled up shaking, staring at the wall.

Unbelievable.

  At that moment, an owl flew in from the open window. No doubt for Harry or I, considering it was an owl. It dropped a letter onto the couch that had a purple wax seal, which turned into a lipstick covered mouth that started to speak.

  "Dear Harry Potter and Legacy Parker, The Ministry had received intelligence that at 6:23 this evening, you both performed magic in the presence of a muggle. As a clear violation of the decree of the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery, you are both hereby expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

           Hoping you are well,
                           Mafalda Hopkirk"

  Just. Fucking. Perfect.

  All the begging I did and all it took to convince Mama to let me go to school and I got expelled. Before I ever even got there.

  "Justice!" Mr. Dursley sneered, looking very pleased with himself as if he had accomplished something.

  "Finally! You get what you deserve! You and your weird-eyed freaky little friend will learn that there is no place for you here!"

At this point I fixed upon him a death glare that the moment he looked at me, his smile melted into sheer terror as he collected his wife and son, rushed them to the car, and sped to the hospital. It wasn't until they were out the door and gone did I get a second to breathe and looked over to Harry.

Before I could say anything of comfort, he ran up to his bedroom and made a furious sound as he smashed his fists into his wardrobe, which promptly scared his white owl. I felt terrible for Harry, yet very uncomfortable as I stood in the doorway watching him.

  "Sorry, Hedwig." he said looking very regretful as he realized he terrified his poor owl. He then turned on me, "sorry, Legacy."

  "Oh you don't have to apologize to me, Harry. Are you okay?" I asked gently. I understood the feeling, the same one I feel right now as well. Anger.

  "I'm fine, what about you?" he breathed, still coming down from his outburst.

  "I'm alright, all things considered. Though I'd rather not talk about everything quite yet, I'm still trying to process what the fuck I just witnessed."

  He lightly chuckled, "Me too."