• 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 •

Fred had gone to sit down in the Great Hall, leaving me with a bunch of eleven year olds whose heads only reached my waist. Needless to say, I felt very out of place. Once the doors opened with a groan, all the kids quickly started to make their way up to the front, eager to be sorted. I trailed behind them all, earning many stares and whispers from other students my age. After the first years were done an awkward silence befell the entire room, until Professor Dumbledore stood and broke it.

  "As many of you may be wondering, we have a new, older student who has transferred here from America. "

  Upon hearing my country of origin, many students sat a bit straighter in their seats as if to get a better look at me, it clearly piqued their interests.

  "I'll thank you all to treat her as an equal and be kind during her transition not only to a new school, but a foreign country."

  With that, he returned to his seat and the woman who greeted me earlier motioned me up to the front.

  "I'll place the Sorting Hat on your head just as you watched the first years do, and once your house is decided you shall sit at the corresponding table." She instructed gently as I sat on a three-point stool.

  "Thank you Ms..."

  "Professor. Professor McGonagall." She corrected.

  "Yes, I apologize. Thank you Professor."

  She placed the hat on my head. I noticed that many of the first years had to keep pushing it up over their eyes, only for it to fall back down again. This was not the case with me as it fit almost perfectly. My ass almost came un-glued from that seat however, when I heard a voice in my head speak to me.

  'My, my, this is delicious. I sense something different in you. Yes, quite different. You are not what you lead others to believe are you?' the voice croaked.

  'You say one word about that and I'll be introducing you to the seam ripper in my suitcase.' I countered with full sincerity.

  'Oh ho, I had no intention of it. But I sense great loyalty in you, you'd do quite well in Hufflepuff, no doubt. I can tell you've been influenced greatly by one. But not a lot of truth, as I said. There is tremendous bravery in your heart and audacity in your soul. I can think of none other that would suit you better. Yes, yes. It shall be...'

  "GRYFFINDOR" the hat bellowed. A hurricane of cheers and applause came from a table clad in red and gold.

  I could see many of the friends I had made during my stay at Grimmuald Place, specifically Fred and George, jumping up and down shouting with happiness. I was happy too. I would be closer to them, and I'd be in the same house as the brave Lily Potter. Not to mention the legendary Marauders.

  I stood up and started walking over to the twins. I sat next to one of the boys, I couldn't tell because they were both wearing the same thing, unlike earlier. Across from us was the other twin, and a boy I haven't met before. He had shoulder-length dreadlocks, shining eyes, and a beautiful dark complexion.

I looked at the twin seated next to me and studied his face for a second.

  "What is she-" the twins' friend started, only to be cut off by a raised hand from the twin across from me.

  "Fred?" I asked. He beamed at me and pulled me into a side hug while George and the boy laughed.

  "How did you get it?" George implored.

  "The scar. There's a scar just above your eyebrow." I pointed at Fred's left eyebrow as I spoke, he wore a look of pride as he touched the scar.

  "Got that in second year, I did. When-"