Chapter 7: Who?

Eugene had finally come home, and as the white and black chariot pulled up at the castle's doorstep, he already got a feeling something was wrong. He was right, as soon as Eugene entered the castle someone came to him. Someone urgently filled him in on the news. Panick stricken, without even waiting for the person to finish, he ran up the tall stairs and opens the bedroom door wide open. There she was, his wife, her hair now long and blonde and her, stuck in a deep sleep. Nona told Eugene that she tried everything to wake her, but nothing happened.

"Where's Poppy?" Eugene asks.

"She's at Holly's room, Holly can't awake either!"

Eugene dashed to his eldest daughter's room and Holly was still there. Lying on her bed, stuck in deep slumber, her right hand clutched by her sister. The entire night was like this, until at 4 in the morning, Rapunzel's green eyes fluttered open. "Eugene?" she said, as she saw her husband's face looking full of sorrow.

"You're awake! Rapunzel, my dear, you're okay!"

"My head feels foggy, like my body underwent a change and I was asleep."

Then a shriek came out of the queen's mouth as she saw how different gere hair had become. "Oh my godmother, Eugene, tell me this is a dream! What happened?!" Rapunzel screams.

"Honey, calm down, you need to breath."

"DON'T TELL ME TO BREATHE! MY HAIR IS MORE THAN 10 FEET LONG AND IT IS BLONDE!"

In the end, Rapunzel finally calmed down and she had a serious talk with her husband. They both believed that Mother Gothel was gojne, they had saw her fall off the tower. They had saw her rapidly age after her hair was cut. The entire world believed she was gone and she had no children to pass her story to. However, thought the Candy Witch also died, and if not for her having a secret door to her giant oven, she would've been gone too.

Just then, Poppy came rushing into her parents' bedroom. "Mom! You're awake! Guess what? Holly is awake too, but she can't remember what happened!" she announced with joy in her green eyes.

The family and Nona arrived at Holly's room and found her sitting in a pink armchair, staring out the window. She looked sleeping, her eyelids half shut already. "Swee, you're okay," Eugene said as he rushed over and gave his daughter a tight hug.

"Hi, dad, Poppy told me everything. I don't know what happened."

"That's alright, sweetie, I'm just glad you're okay."

The next morning, Poppy helped cut her sister's and mother's hair. Rapunzel's hair returned to it's bob cut, while Holly's touched her ankles. What came as a shocker was that after the hair was cut, it became gray and dissolved into thin air. Rapunzel always knew that the Sundrop Flower was still in her, just more dormant. She had been able to heal Eugene with her tears and the Sundrop Flower's effect after he was stabbed by Mother Gothel. Something had made it awake and grow rapidly, she just needed to find out why and who would do such a thing to her and now even try and do it to Holly. It could've been anyone.

A/N: OK, well this chapter took a long time to write. So much for my resolution. I hope you all enjoyed it, I would've made it longer, but I have a math project due. Deadlines are the worst, haha. I also haven't watched Tangle in a long time, so feel free to correct me if my info isn't up to date.